17637 Co Rd M
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world s best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
As a member of the Tier II group, the Sr IT Systems Engineer provides advanced Tier II support by troubleshooting and repairing network devices, tools, and services for a nationwide fiber optic transport network as well as network support for two (2) geographically separated Network Operation Centers (NOC). The position serves as the NOC primary point of contact (POC) for problem escalations. The Tier II interacts with Network Provisioner or equipment vendors to identify and develop solution to escalated problems. The position requires fluent understanding of Layers 1/2/3 inter-dependences and IP proficiency.
The network is expected to sustain continual growth to include additional sites and customers across the life of the program and the ITSE responsibilities continue to grow as new customers are added to the network.
- The ITSE II is operationally responsible for all IP and network management applications associated with the IP and transport platforms and maintaining 100% availability of IP and Network Management services in engineering and operations environment
- Operates as network technical lead on IP and NM activities and serve as the first level of escalation to Tier I NOC personnel on network issues.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve logical & physical network issues and identify problem trends and systemic issues before Tier III elevation
- Each discipline focuses on resolving day-to-day incidents and elevate systemic issues
- Performs advanced diagnostics using software and hardware tools to determine network status and optimize network performance
- Provide technical input to operational documentations and SOP for IP and NM discipline supporting the NOC
- Maintain Circuit Layout Records (CLR), network diagrams, IP routing spreadsheet, and other supporting documentations
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior technicians
- Provide expertise to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot network problems in a mixed vendor environment. The ITSE II interacts extensively with the internal engineering, support teams (FE/FOP), and equipment/software vendors to resolve problems
- Assist TTU/MOP for subtending devices and conduct turn-up activities for routing/switching platforms and some optical transport platforms
- Administration of network management applications such as SolarWinds for monitoring, STIG compliancy checks, and firmware upgrades
- On-call after hours/on-call support as required.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in an Information Technology field and at least seven years of experience in a network management environment
- This position requires a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Demonstrates a high-level of proficiency in IP technical discipline. Able to operate and accomplish technical task with minimum guidance. Proficient knowledge of common network architectures for routing, switching, and security technologies is required.
- Expertise in the uses of network management protocols, tools and products, including but not limited to SolarWinds, Cisco Identity Services Engine, Cisco Access Control Server, EIQ SecureVue, Neuralstar, SNMP managers is required.
- ITSE II is expected to have working knowledge for layer 2, 3, and 4 data networking.
- Security+ or equivalent IAT/IAM/IASAE Level 2 of DOD 8570.1 is required.
- JNCIA or CCNA is preferred
- Firm knowledge of the HAIPE and other encryption devices (KG-175G/D and KIV-7M)
- Some knowledge and experience with optical transport technology is preferred.
- Expected to work in a shift environment in support of 24x7 operations
- Up to 15% travel can be expected due to possible deployments to lab facilities and other NOC locations.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition #: 213210
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...