- CENTERS FOR SPECIALTY CARE GROUP
Healthcare - Nursing
400 Belmont Ave
Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant
Bushwick Center is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a long term care setting.
* Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner
* Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives
* Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
* Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
* Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
* Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
* Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* 3+ years experience in a long term care setting
* Health promotion and maintenance, thoroughness, clinical skills, informing others, medical teamwork, bedside manner, infection control, administering medication, pain management, self-development
* Appropriate NY State Licensure in good standing
* Must be Board Certified
Bushwick Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 225 bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the border of Brooklyn & Queens. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident's dignity and independence.
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, anesthetist, bilingual, community, gerontological nurse practitioner, neighborcare, nurse specialist, prac, practice, spanish
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...