CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Interactive has an exciting opportunity for a PR Manager in the New York office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for the CBS Digital Media group's initiatives, including CBS All Access, CBS's subscription video on demand and live-streaming service, and its original series, such as STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, TELL ME A STORY, NO ACTIVITY, WHY WOMEN KILL and the highly anticipated upcoming series, INTERROGATION, STAR TREK: PICARD, THE STAND and STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS, as well as other digital content initiatives and original programming.
Under direction of the Director of Corporate Communications, the PR Manager will craft story angles and proactive pitches targeted to national and regional trade and consumer media, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, coordinate media requests and support speaking engagements and events. This position will also support day-to-day PR efforts for CBS All Access's original series including coordinating interviews, booking talent travel and managing other logistical elements involved in the support of a PR campaign for a television series.
In addition, the PR manager will work closely with counterparts throughout the broader CBS Corporation, including its entertainment and corporate communications functions, to develop and implement strategies and ensure adherence to corporate standards.
* Pitch programming and related stories to trade & consumer press, follow up on media requests, and develop close working relationships with members of the media.
* Assist in the organization of press events, including speaking engagements/panels, press briefings, media tours, set visits, and screenings, as applicable.
* Assist in the development of creating talking points, press releases, press lists and other materials as needed.
* Manage online press site.
* Work closely with photo editor to manage creative assets for press purposes.
* Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for CBS Digital Media's programs.
* Manage award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gather supporting materials.
* Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support CBS Digital Media's initiatives.
* Contribute to the development and execution of PR campaigns for CBS All Access Original Series, including the following: THE TWILIGHT ZONE, TELL ME A STORY, INTERROGATION, WHY WOMEN KILL, and THE STAND, as well as additional series in development.
* Pitch press stories in support of CBS All Access' original series and talent bookings across online, print and broadcast.
* Scheduling set visits and staffing photoshoots, junkets, premieres and interviews.
* Distributing assets to talent and stakeholders.
* This role will include creative opportunities to help develop press kits, mailers, and events in support of CBS All Access series.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
* 3+ years of hands-on media relations experience in the entertainment and/or digital media industry is essential, preferably with previous publicity experience working on television program or films.
* Solid knowledge of and passion for the digital media and entertainment industries.
* Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives.
* Flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Corporation.
* Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be a strategic thinker who is a dedicated and responsive team player with the ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
* Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.
Associated topics: account executive, advertising, communication, design, marketing, marketing coordinator, marketing manager, reputation, social media, sponsored
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.