CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS News Archives Department is seeking a Coordinator to assist with the licensing and sales of CBS News-owned content.
Responsibilities include assistance with rights licensing, sales, and clearance, including:
* Manage and develop strong day-to-day relationships with current and potential licensing partners.
* Provide assistance on the tracking, trafficking and communication of project details, guaranteeing that projects move seamlessly through established workflows.
* Liaise with the Operations and Rights & Clearances Sales teams, as well as any other staff working on sales projects, to communicate client expectations.
* Maintaining vital paper and electronic files relating to all CBS News programming and sales related projects.
'- Bachelor degree required
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
* Strong Computer skills - thorough understanding of MS Office, Outlook and internet technologies
* Team player, who will work well with employees across multiple CBS business groups, as well as people outside the company
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.