STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Case Manager II renders professional intervention to clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through comprehensive support services (assessment, intake, crisis intervention, information and referral, short and long-term comprehensive case management and financial assistance).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services, including responding to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings and provide brief and full services.
* Carry a caseload required to meet funding source targets.
* Work out of multiple sites as assigned; make home and field visit meetings regularly and consistently with clients as per contract.
* Diligent effort to target, engage, and outreach routinely to publicize the availability of the program to make persons at risk aware of Homebase and other available services and programs.
* Advocacy, linkage, and escort services for participants to prevent homelessness.
* Provide and/or assure that each case assigned receives regular visits and contact as needed.
* Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
* Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests with the approval of supervisory staff.
* Develop and maintain resource information.
* Advocate on behalf of program participants to ensure they receive work support services such as tax credits, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare.
* Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing; outreach to property owners/landlord to mediate issues that help participants locate or retain housing; inspect housing dwellings to ascertain that they do not pose a threat to the health and safety of its occupants; accompany clients to apartment viewings.
* Coordinate Service delivery to clients.
* Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
* Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumers/familys needs.
* Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a consumer/family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
* Attend weekly supervision.
* Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
* Assist participants with understanding leases, securing utilities, and making moving arrangements.
* Participate in professional/agency community activities as assigned.
* Participate in training opportunities as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
* BS degree in Human Services or related field.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* One Year experience in a social service setting or in providing direct services to individuals or families.
* Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.
* Bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus.
* Good organizational skills.
* Basic Computer skills required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation.
* Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
* Ability to read computer screen for long periods of time.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Ability to utilize public transportation, climb stairs, walk.
* Frequent sitting, standing, & walking.
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Ability to read printed & handwritten materials.
Travel Case Manager (Hospital) Registered Nurse (RN) Earn $1750-$1800/week gross pay for this Case Manager (Hospital) position in Miles City, MT! Ass…Read More
Travel Hospice/Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Earn $1950-$2000/week gross pay for this Hospice/Case Manager position in Del Rio, TX! Job Associat…Read More
Nurse Case Manager (RN) needed in Lewes, DE. Estimated $1800 weekly take home3-month full time contract with option to extend.Day shifts Associated t…Read More
Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Earn $1,300-$1,400 weekly when you start your next travel opportunity with this great Registered Nurse Associated …Read More
Individual responsibilities include: Creates clinical development strategy for compounds. Responsible for medical content for clinical Associated top…Read More
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Executive Director (ED), the Deputy Executive Director, Program & Legal Advocacy (DED) is a member …Read More
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic…Read More
EA for two co-founders. Must be flexible and able to work independently for a fast-paced company whose mission is to transform workplaces and lives. …Read More