VP, Foundation Accounts (Port Chester)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
We hire individuals who are motivated to change the world. We seek diverse, mission-driven professionals who embody our values of 100% responsibility, entrepreneurial leadership, growth mindset, radical candor, and mindfulness. Our people are on a constant pursuit of professional and personal growth, and believe that time spent on high-value activities can ignite positive social change.
We are at the intersection of many worlds (for-profit and nonprofit; purpose and business; talent development and corporate social responsibility), and we seek to break down the barriers between these silos to allow talent and resources to flow more freely.
Were searching for teammates who will help realize our mission. We are an ego-free, passionate, and collaborative team striving to make giving your skills commonplace. Our company culture a blend of social enterprise, tech startup, and classroom laboratory gives our employees a unique opportunity to create a more equitable, efficient and effective social good sector, and a more compassionate world.
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee a response to your application. Please expect to hear from us if we are considering you for the role.
Vice President, Foundation Accounts
About the Role
The Vice President, Foundation Accounts will be a senior leader for a major revenue driving team at Catchafire during a period of aggressive growth and transformation. Reporting to the SVP of Foundation Accounts, the VP will be responsible for growing the Customer Lifetime Value of a portfolio of Catchafires foundation partnerships. This individual will partner closely with the Strategic Partnerships team as we shape our partner and regional expansion strategies and will then be responsible for realizing that strategy with specific partners in his or her portfolio. In addition, the VP will be at the forefront of how we transform our workflow, systems and programming to ensure that we are delivering maximum impact for our partners and nonprofits while creating efficiencies in our service delivery. The VP will oversee a team of 3-4 to start, and we anticipate the team will grow.
You Will be Expected To:
- Manage and Grow a Portfolio of Partnerships
- Manage and grow a portfolio of approximately 15-20 of our largest and most impactful partnerships with grantmaking foundations. You will oversee and become the expert on leading foundations in the United States and globally, who are focused on community building, supporting local philanthropy, and elevating nonprofit organizations and ecosystems to achieve impact.
- Responsible for program success and delivery, meeting and exceeding expectations set with our clients in order to build measurable impact for our foundation partners and the communities and cause areas they serve.
- Secure maximum at/above goal renewal revenue for portfolio with no contract time gaps. This includes overseeing and enabling client renewal discussions which will often include ensuring mindset alignment and the positioning of expansion opportunities and program design innovations. Goal is 100% renewal of portfolio.
- Build, deepen and grow client relationships across all levels of the organization, including senior and executive leadership, in support of long-term partnerships and the maximization of revenue opportunities. Build lasting and deep relationships with our partners and set the partnership up for long-term success and growth.
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Partnerships teammates to unlock revenue potential of key communities and ecosystems.
- Steer the strategy and implementation of pricing across your entire portfolio, including the evolution of unique structures like regional collaboratives.
- Regularly travel to clients across the country for meetings and workshops.
- Manage and Grow a Team of Talented Individuals
- Lead and build a rapidly growing team of Account Managers. You will start with 3-4 Account Managers as direct reports, and you will need to hire as Catchafire is growing quickly.
- Provide outstanding people leadership and coaching to the Foundation Accounts team, working with team members on the success of their portfolios and how they continue to develop their skills and grow in their roles and with the organization.
- Clearly define the role and responsibilities of your direct reports and ensure that they have clarity on what they are expected to deliver and how they are expected to work. This includes providing ongoing development feedback and coaching.
- Deeply understand the functional responsibilities of the team to deliver strong partner programs and growth and continuously seek ways to optimize and innovate on our service delivery. You will be joining at a time of significant evolution in our service delivery model, including the creation of new centralized roles and the development of more automated solutions.
- Advance Catchafires Thought Leadership and Sector Relationships
- Build, deepen and grow relationships in the sector that strengthen Catchafires foundation partnerships, brand equity and ability to grow revenue
- Cultivate relationships with existing foundation clients so that they serve as advocates, ambassadors and connectors for us
- Conceive of and lead innovative and compelling convenings of foundation leaders (i.e., a Summit, monthly dinners) to position Catchafire as a thought leader on capacity building and civic engagement
- Drive growth through strong relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate different individuals up and down an organization to take action. You know how to effectively sell-in a vision and are able to navigate complex pricing and structuring discussions to ensure that the proper balance of relationship and revenue is created and maintained. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Set and execute a vision: You can see the long-term vision for the program and account based on where Catchafire is headed, and you are able to identify the steps and plan the path to get there. You are often the person that sees opportunities before anyone else, and you bring your team and client along with you because you can visualize the way forward.
- Structured delegator and project manager: You are highly skilled at managing cross-functional projects to fulfill client objectives. You give clear, well-defined assignments, and you effectively manage people to own significant responsibilities and hold them accountable. An effective leader in this role can engage their team without falling into destructive micro-management, going deep while still conveying respect for team members and commitment to team members making and owning decisions.
- Intentional leader: Over the years you have developed an effective and intentional leadership style that is true to your own personality. You are a leader who believes that you are both a teacher and a student. Some may call you a servant leader, but you know there is much more to it than that. You manage to peoples strengths, and your goal is to help them become the best they can be. You teach people how to own their work, and you do not need to micro-manage because you are sponsoring A players. You only build A teams, and you know what an A team is because you have learned the hard way in building and managing B teams.
- Effective communicator: You lead through listening, dialogue, and debate. You begin by asking rather than telling the client. You make the client feel heard, and in so doing, you gather information to help address the clients need more effectively. You create a sense of mutual accountability, build team spirit, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum and create trust with your team through consistent behaviors.
- Creatively solve problems working backwards from the objective: You arrive quickly at an understanding of the clients objectives and the root causes behind an issue, including any issues that might be in tension with one another. You solve the problem in a resourceful, analytical way that is in service to Catchafire but also meets the clients own business objectives. You can drive this kind of problem solving in real time, working with clients or others to help them see the implications of their objectives for what needs to be done.
- Synthesize the big picture: You take in many inputs to form an understanding of whats really happening, and you know how to get above that complexity and simplify it for others. You are able to bring together numbers, stories, and plans to give others a clear and vivid picture of whats happening, what matters, and what choices are on the table to take action.
Experience / Background
You must have:
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience, including extensive experience managing and growing a portfolio of partnerships
- Track record of leading and successfully coaching high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Excellent relationship building skills and EQ
- Experience in philanthropy
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
If our values resonate with you, email your resume and a link to your portfolio to ...@catchafire.org. Please specify 'Vice President, Foundation Accounts' in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Catchafire?
- What does it take to build a strong team culture?
Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
Associated topics: analyst, demand, demand generation, donor, endowment, facebook, lead generation, marketplace, medical center, public relations
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...