BuzzFeed News is looking for a highly, efficient, detail-oriented and experienced Video Editor, with a strong background in editing host-driven video content, to work on a Facebook Watch show \"That Literally Happened!\". Reporting to the show's Senior Producer and working with another editor and Motion Graphics Designers.
Successful candidates will have a deep interest in the culture and history of the 1990s, an understanding of the BuzzFeed brand, and a history of self-motivated project management, as well as a proven track record of delivering editorial video content for broadcast and/or streaming digital platforms. You should enjoy a fast-paced work environment, quick-turn deadlines, are a team player and enjoy working in an ever-evolving format. Experience with creating content for Facebook Watch is a plus.
This is a full-time on-site contract role in our NYC office.
* Assemble, edit, and deliver episodes of a weekly 90s nostalgia show for Facebook Watch * Editing and delivery of additional editorial and social video content for and around the show, with guidance from the show's Senior Producer, and also BuzzFeed News' expert digital audience and curation teams
* 5+ years experience in online video editing for broadcast and/or streaming digital, preferably host-driven format. * Expert mastery of editing in Adobe Premiere and familiarity with Adobe After Effects graphics workflows * Experience managing networked media assets in a shared environment * Knowledge of chroma-key workflows and web video standards/codecs a must
* Please submit resume and a URL to your reel/portfolio (no PDFs or dropbox links please)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
* A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions * No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Associated topics: article, content, draft, editorial, newsgathering, newsperson, newswriter, screenwriter, web, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.