At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as an Operations Intermediate Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Operations Intermediate Specialist to join our Private Banking Services team. This is a mid-level position with direct responsibility for the processing of Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees under approved Credit facilities as well as Documentary Collections in support of the firm's business lines. S/he is a subject matter specialist typically dealing with moderately complex issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. Tasks include; processing transactions in accordance with ICC Rules and with BBHs Credit and Compliance Policies in mind, authenticating client instructions, data processing, reporting, and reconciliation, faxing, e-mailing, filing and communicating with other departments, operations groups, account managers and clients. This position will also contribute to projects.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Transaction Processing
* Process transactions such as Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees under approved Credit facilities as well as Documentary Collections * Verify the accuracy of the processed transactions by specialists * Manage daily volume. * Perform intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work * Help to ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met
2. Client Service
* Provide superior client service * Ensure timely response to internal and external requests * Follow up on open inquiries
3. Risk Management
* Help to Identify and document errors in an effort to reduce exposure. * Process transactions in accordance with ICC Rules and with BBHs Credit and Compliance Policies * Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues * Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
* Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity * Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement activities. * Assist in the development and production of monthly management reporting * Assist team members with day to day activities when needed/providing backup
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. * 3 to 5 years of Loan or Trade Services experience * Proven Knowledge of one or more product area within Operations and its process * Ability to perform technical responsibilities of the job with a high level of competence * Aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis and resolution of a problem * Ability to communicate professionally though effective verbal and written skills * Demonstrates organizational skills and an attention to detail. * Ability to multi-task and effectively juggle assignments * Ability to work in a team environment. * Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. * Proactive self starter who is goal oriented.
About our Company:
For nearly 200 years, Brown Brothers Harriman has provided expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. Located throughout 18 offices across the globe, we are committed to helping our clients navigate the increasingly complex global market by being their most valued, trusted and differentiated partner.
The loyalty we earn from our clients comes from two things: the quality of our people and the culture of our firm. That's why we invest so much time and energy in attracting and developing the very best talent globally. We hire bright, entrepreneurial individuals, educate them on our client's business, provide them the resources to succeed, and then give them the freedom to excel. This results in a diverse team of individuals who inspire each other to share their unique perspective while working together to discover the next great idea. Our deep respect for a healthy work-life balance drives our comprehensive total rewards package that helps our employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
What We Offer:
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world * Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm * A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective * High-quality benefits program emphasizinggood health, financial security, and peace of mind * Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage * Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
New York Associated topics: associate director, chief investment officer, controller, director, finance director, financial director, general manager, operational manager, recruit, senior director