Director, Software Engineering (JR) (Ridgewood)
Compensation: $151,650.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our growing Marketing Communication technology development organization based out of our Deer Park, NY location. This is a hands on leadership role and we are considering candidates at the Director and Senior Director level.
Are you looking to work among a dynamic and creative team? Would you like to explore an opportunity within a growing S&P 500 organization on Long Island? Do you have a real passion for technology? If so, we'd love to hear from you. Job description
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required
- You will focus on functional, technical and implementation related aspects of the work products being produced.
- You'll possesses extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge in order to lead the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a substantial application development group.
- You will direct, lead and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive software development life cycle processes.
- Balances areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests (SERs), Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals.
- Runs the client relationship, including expectations and customer satisfaction.
- You will collaborate and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on an ambitious, but achievable timeline.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies.
- You'll coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- Executes on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture. Ensure quality work consistently.
- Technical leadership to resolve development and application issues performance levels and career development.
- Provide leadership in security remediation activities
- Hands on experience with ability to mentor developers on implementing security remediation and secure programming practices
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science / related field required (Master's Degree desirable).
- 15+ years within a programming and application system environment (.NET, C#, ColdFusion/Java, Oracle, SQL, Greenplum, Informatica)
- 10+ years' of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Experience with managing the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services
- Detailed knowledge of technologies.
- Dynamic leadership and agent of change capable of influencing the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the company.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- A shown progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager
- Solid understanding of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, action-and-results oriented
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Well organized, extraordinary communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Exceptional leadership capability
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Financial services experience is preferred.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, c#, develop, java, perl, sde, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...