Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Recognize and meet the needs of clients by assisting with sales of investment products to properly qualified investment clients.
2. Schedule appointments of properly qualified clients and potential clients for Financial Advisors as appropriate.
3. Maximize sales opportunities from referrals by developing relationships with BB&T employees.
4. Provide a high level of service to existing clients, consistent with the full development and maintenance of the client relationship.
5. Assist clients and sales staff with questions and problems relating to accounts and transactions.
6. Properly record transactions and inquiries and ensure client files are completed and maintained.
7. Handle all written correspondence as directed.
8. Prepare all seminar packets for sales staff.
9. Keep clients and salespersons current on general information pertaining to investment products, yields, returns and market trends. Maintain knowledge of municipal issues and federal issues, as well as selected mutual funds.
10. Respond in a timely manner to all sales inquiries and execute related transactions.
11. Provide Branch Manager and/or Financial Advisors with timely activity reports, referrals generated and sales results for accurate record keeping.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent education and related training
2. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 or 11 and insurance license(s) if needed to support Financial Advisor
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Excellent organizational skills
6. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
2. Experience in a support role
3. FINRA Series 9, 10 licenses