Loading some great jobs for you...
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The Patient Access Registrar is responsible for the smooth operation and flow of patients within the registration area. This includes greeting patients, providing information, answering phones, registering patients, coding lab accounts and entering exam orders as required. They are also responsible for obtaining all demographics, insurance information, appropriate codes, and authorizations from patients (or their representatives) and physicians in a courteous and efficient manner for billing. Other duties pertinent to optimal customer service, patient flow, and efficient staff utilization are also expected. This position is also competent in all Patient Access Bed Board duties and qualifications and rotates between the two positions.
Education or Formal Training
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Medical terminology course preferred.
3. Keyboarding, filing, office procedures classes and/or experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Good computer and grammar skills.
2. Proper phone etiquette and communication skills.
3. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
4. Ability to prioritize, concentrate, and multitask.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to maintain composure with high levels of accuracy and organization during high volume periods, with the ability to consistently prioritize, meet changing deadlines, and troubleshoot problems.
7. Excellent problem solving skills including ability to identify multiple factors that may impact decisions, selecting best option.
8. Ability to exercise tact, judgment and persuasiveness in creating and maintaining harmonious relations in working with coworkers, patients, families, visitors, physicians, and the general public.
1. Prefer previous experience working in an office setting, preferable medical, with public contact reception.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
3. Cash handling experience preferred.
4. Customer service experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interview patient in person or over the telephone to obtain demographic, billing, and insurance information.
2. Ability to register all patients for any hospital services and problem solves account registration issues when working reports and/or patient concerns.
3. Coordinates the flow of paperwork with the appropriate department staff and prioritize work according to departmental need.
4. Determine insurance eligibility, obtain signatures for necessary paperwork including, but not limited to, financial agreements and medical release, etc., and identifies and processes insurance exclusions.
5. Follow procedures to enter \"DOE\" patients and demonstrate thorough knowledge of \"EMTALA\" regulations.
6. Run orders for imaging patients and enter codes into the Coder Desktop for lab patients.
7. Correctly distinguishes accounts that have special registration, billing, pricing, and resulting.
8. Maintain proficiency on all necessary software modules, including, but not limited to Meditech Admissions, Community Wide Scheduling, Imaging and Therapeutic Services, Abstracting and B/AR modules.
9. Exercise good judgment in referring complex situations to the appropriate leadership team member.
10. Respond to patient questions, concerns and feedback, referring them to appropriate lead or supervisor.
11. Must be able to effectively interact with departments including direct relationships with nurse practitioners, nurses, technologists, and medical assistants.
12. Responsible for meeting all competencies as listed on the Competency Based Orientation and regularly scheduled competency check-offs.
13. Act as resource to fellow employees concerning patient matters in a friendly, cooperative manner within the guidelines of patient confidentiality policies.
14. Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission Standards.
1. Keep up-to-date with all hospital policies and procedures.
2. Assist with coverage of open shifts when needed.
3. Attend staff meetings and all mandatory meetings as required.
4. Keep up-to-date with all hospital policies and procedures and completing required hospital-wide trainings as required.
5. Assists with other duties as assigned.
6. Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities of a Patient Access Bed Board Coordinator.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Loading some great jobs for you...