Loading some great jobs for you...
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
1. Responsible for answering in-coming phone calls for customer service and assisting customers with their clinic accounts.
2. Responsible for the collection of all patient balances and self-pay accounts through the point of referral to a designated outside collection agency.
Education or Formal Training
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in-person face-to-face.
2. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
3. Knowledge of basic medical coding.
4. Knowledge of medical insurance billing procedures and practices.
5. Knowledge of governmental and legal regulator provisions related to medical billing and collections.
6. Ability to accurately read, interpret, and comprehend data on system generated reports.
Minimum one year of patient accounts receivable and collecting experience in medical setting preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Office environment with multiple interruptions by phone, email or in person
2. Position requires long periods of time on the phone, both taking and making phone calls
3. Position requires long periods of sitting, data/input/typing, analyzing and working from reports, and computer usage
4. Position requires in-person face-to-face contact with patients/customers
5. Physically able to work hours defined by the position
6. Occasional evening or weekend work if needed
7. Hearing and visual acuity sufficient for individual and group situations (with correction aides as needed)
8. Minimal lifting/bending/stretching
9. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
1. Responsible for courteous and professional phone call response (both incoming and outgoing) to patients/customers calling Clinic Billing Customer Service line.
2. Responsible for courteous and professional face-to-face interaction with walk-in patients/customers regarding billing account resolution, including questions/issues/payments.
3. Responsible for all patient balance and self-pay account collections.
4. Responsible for setting up payment arrangements within the guidelines established by the Clinic Billing Manager and Physician Revenue Cycle Director for monitoring those arrangements.
5. Knowledge of all bad debt and collection agency processes and how to explain to patient.
6. Assists patient with Financial Assistance Application process when appropriate.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Loading some great jobs for you...