Senior Planner, Promotions Planning and Analysis: Bloomingdales, New York, NY
Compensation: $58,350.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Take the helm of one of the world's most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale's marketing team, you'll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You'll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale's brand. As part of our creative team, you'll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale's is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Senior Planner of Promotions Planning and Analysis position is responsible for providing analytics for the development of omni-channel seasonal marketing calendar/promotional events that support the brand, merchant and marketing strategies. The Senior Planner will have a strong financial acumen and affinity for forecasting. The ability to work, communicate and negotiate with all types of personalities will enable the ideal candidate to be successful in this role. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure, have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organization skills. This individual should be able to quickly learn business processes and possess strong analytical skills to identify opportunities that drive the business forward.
* Calendar Planning:
* Along with Director, develop promotional calendar and projected sales by day and channel based on new seasonal strategies and holiday shifts
* Determine optimal combination of event offers (mix and level of discount, points, gift card etc.) and provide evaluations of sales and markdown implications for various offer strategies
* Identify and propose tests to events with potential to enhance overall business results
* Create presentation of marketing calendar (offer, restated and trended sales, marketing support needed, etc) and along with team, present to Senior Leadership and various business partners in the organization
* Create event recaps that analyze company-wide sales, location and FOB sales, customer engagement, and com demand attribution by channel. Identify takeaways and recommendations for future events by evaluating effectiveness of offers.
* Partner with cross functional teams (store communications, customer experience, Loyalty marketing, media channels, international marketing and the merchant organization) to create a holistic view of event performance
* Perform ad-hoc merchant/marketing/media and store requests for data analysis and recommendations
* Assist Director with aggregating information for weekly Business Update Meeting deck
* Maintains daily sales projections and ROF for company's total daily sales by channel (DSR); prepare and present top line business snapshot daily in format suitable for broad audience
* Partner with Gross Margin Planning and Merchant Planning teams to adjust in season daily sales by channel as well as provide guidance to those teams on marketing forecast
* Work with D2C team to model com demand to net flow (ship cadence by day including warehouse closures and anomalies, return cadence)
* Deliver projections/risk analysis on offer and event changes in season
* Collaborate with Data Analytics team to identify required data/reports needed to perform analysis
* With team, participate in analyzing competitive landscape, bringing new ideas for both promotional offers and messaging to the team for consideration
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 3-4 years of experience, preferred in an omni retail or marketing environment, in forecasting/analysis.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
* Skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment and building meaningful relationships.
* Able to translate research findings and data analysis into actionable insights and strategies.
* Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams and meet tight deadlines.
* Strong data analysis and data visualization skills.
* Problem solving skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
* Ability to drive projects with cross-functional teams and align multiple priorities with different teams at a fast pace.
* Knowledge/background of E-commerce, Retail, Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills (comfortable aggregating data from multiple resources).
* Comfortable with ambiguity and creating processes in complex environments to drive customer centric thinking.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Discounted Admission to NYC Cultural Attractions
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Associated topics: cajero, client service, courtesy, customer experience representative, customer service, customer service associate, customer service representative, seller, service associate, service representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...