Senior Software Engineer- Network Management System
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
NMS, the network management system, is a comprehensive suite of tools that enable our networks support staff to maintain Bloomberg's massive private network. It's one of the largest private networks in the world! Our system manages the complete life cycle of our network, from creating device records, tracking installs at customer sites, allowing network reps to configure and maintain our routers and servers, and monitoring the performance and health of the network.
With such a large and diverse system, we work on a wide range of problems. We build high performance, multi-threaded applications to ingest system logs from network devices, then parse, correlate, and enrich them so we can detect network outages before customers even notice there's a problem. We also design intuitive, simple workflows that enable reps to do the work of configuring and maintaining our network.
Given the variety of projects on our plate, we use a wide array of technologies. We're always looking for the right tool to get the job done and are actively exploring new technologies.We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be creative, motivated and to work in all areas of the tech stack
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility - these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language (C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...