- Belk Stores
Hilton Head Island,
229 Squire Pope Rd
The Sales Team Manager reports to the Store Brand Manager or Store Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the selling function within their store. The Sales Team Manager position is an exempt position.
Sales & Customer Service
* Meet or exceed area sales goals through the training, coaching and managing of their sales associate staff. Ensure that sales associates understand the stores selling expectations.
* Provide training, coaching, and communication of our Relentless Customer Care program with the sales associate staff, to ensure associates exhibit the key service behaviors needed in delivering relentless customer care. Address RCC customer alerts within 24-48 hours.
* Motivate and coach sales associates to meet or exceed credit goals; coach and counsel those that are falling below expectations.
* Ensure that sales events and price changes are executed and signed according to company directive
* Ensure shrinkage control in their area through the continual management of associates.
* Ensure that clientelling efforts meet store expectations. Train and coach associates on the features and benefits that clientelling can produce.
* Ensure that National Sales Events are being driven by sales team goals. Ensure that sales associates clearly understand the importance of pre-sale events, as well as grass root events.
* Executes company and division directed floor sets
Merchandising & Presentation
* Supervise the team performing merchandising and daily recovery.
* Ensure that a daily recovery plan is in place; Always Be Recovering.
* Ensure that dressing rooms are being maintained to the audit and LP standards.
* Work with the visual team to ensure that sales associate standards training takes place on a regular basis, and that new-hires participate in this training once they come on the sales floor.
* Work in conjunction with the OTM and visual coordinators, where appropriate, to support overall merchandise presentation of the store.
* Maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
Selling Team Development and People Management
* Ensure that status checks are being completed on a bi-monthly basis. Utilize the status check as a way to monitor total sales associate performance. Address poor performers and coach them to achieve expectations.
* Provide effective coaching to improve performance of all sales team associates.
* Utilize the corrective action process and or the monthly status checks to document and coach poor performers consistently throughout the store.
* Recognize associate performance and motivate sales associates to improve sales and customer service.
* Utilize the Belk boards to communicate upcoming activities as well as store achievements and results.
* Maintain a high level of store associate engagement through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the selling area.
* Recruit, interview, select and retain quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
* Work with Lead Scheduler to develop weekly schedules that match staffing to customer traffic and sales. (workload planning)
Manager on Duty Assignment
* Supervise customer service during assigned period.
* Open and close the store, including weekends, as needed
* Approve select point of sale transactions such as returns and voids, when needed to serve the customer.
* Resolve customer service issues as needed.
* Understand and be able to use all building operating systems
The STM is expected to assist with the non-sell tasks to the overall benefit of the store, particularly during times of peak demand periods.
* CORE Process: receiving, processing and placement of merchandise
* Price change management, and merchandise return management
* Maintenance and housekeeping management
* Floor sets and floor moves
* Sale sets and signing
* Follow all policies and procedures related to loss prevention and safety - such as floor sweeps.
* Use safety equipment at all times in accordance with OSHA regulations.
* Support the review and execution of the store internal audit processes, as it relates to the STM functions.
Education & Experience:
* Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in retail management.
* Proficient in computer business-related computer equipment and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
* Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
* Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
* Must be able to lift up to 72 lbs at floor level and above shoulder height.
* Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
* Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedure.
Associated topics: leader, management, manager, principal, sales director, sales leader, sales management, sales manager, team lead, team leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...