Please note candidates must be flexible to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
* Position Summary
* The Patient Access Representative is responsible for validating completeness and accuracy of account information. PAS REP will obtain required consents, verify insurance, obtain required pre-certifications, authorizations and request/collect payments from patients. Must be able to explain BMH policies. Also responsible for responding expeditiously to patient inquires, greeting and initiating the registration process upon patients arrival to BMH and directing visitors to appropriate individual or area for assistance. Rep must demonstrate the highest work ethic, and values affirmed in the behavioral standards, and mission of Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
* Minimum Requirements
* High School? graduate or equivalent preferred
* Prefer at least two years of experience in general hospital related practices
* Prefer a minimum of two years of experience in a business environment or a health care institution.
* None Specified
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.