* Position Summary * The customer service/support specialist assists patients, processes financial assistance applications, and provides a variety of customer support services to walk-in patients and the patient financial services department. The successful customer service/support specialist will be able to work independently, demonstrate a high tolerance for interruption of tasks, will be able to multi-task, and will have the ability to refocus to task completion while maintaining a positive and pleasant attitude. Must be articulate and persuasive while being sensitive to patient's needs. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively in stressful situations. The customer service/support specialist must demonstrate attention to detail, strong work ethic, and will represent the culture and core values as established by the organization.
* Minimum Requirements * EDUCATION * High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
* EXPERIENCE * Must be able to work independently; must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively while under stress. Must be able to multi-task. Must speak clearly and be persistent and detail oriented. Two years of experience in hospital billing/collections or medical related billing/collections preferred.
* CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES * None Specified
Associated topics: client, deskside, front desk, help, information technology, network, patient, systems administrator, technical support specialist, technician iii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.