* This individual will assume the day-to-day administration of practice activities at Beaufort Memorial BPP Express Care and Occupational Health. This position will have supervisory responsibility and overall direction, utilization, and instruction of the front and back office staff. Primary job duties will include assisting in the education of staff concerning job duties and implementing practice policies, planning, staffing, directing, and controlling the activities and operations of the practice. The individual will do whatever it takes to maintain smooth operation and workflow in the office and will provide hands on involvement with daily practice operations. This individual will assure patient satisfaction with the group's performance on all levels. This position will review and order all medical and clerical supplies in both a timely and cost effective manner. This position will coordinate and maintain all staff schedules to accommodate patient flow and provide coverage during times of vacation and sick time. This position will report to and with the Practice Operations Administrator to develop a practice budget, to monitor that budget, and develop ways to reduce overhead, improve efficiency, cash, and paper flow.
* Bachelor's degree preferred in Health Care Administration, Finance, Management, or related field. Experience may be acceptable in place of a degree.
* A minimum of three years of experience within a medical practice preferred, at least one of which was supervisory.
* JOB KNOWLEDGE; SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Thorough knowledge of computer information systems, particularly as they relate to electronic medical record systems.
* Thorough knowledge of medical accounts receivable, billing and collection techniques, managed care, PPO, IPA, and contractual adjustments.
* CPT, Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance coding knowledge.
* Accounts payable, purchasing, cash disbursements, general ledger, cash flow and cash management
* Exceptional interpersonal, financial and management skills
* Knowledge of malpractice and other corporate insurance policies
* Exceptional leadership abilities, particularly in relation to physicians and staff
* In depth knowledge of insurance carrier rules and regulations, and billing parameters
* Overall group and medical practice knowledge including direct experience with physicians, diagnoses appropriate for claims processing, proper medical record documentation, Utilization Review procedures, hospital negotiations, extensive third party billing experience, HMO contract negotiations, capitated plan knowledge and experience.
* Exceptional negotiation skills on all levels of management and purchasing.
* Decisive on all levels of management (personnel, financial, patient, physician, etc.)
* Experience in hiring, reviewing and terminating employees along with experience in direct training for all levels within the organization
* None Specified
* ONGOING COMPETENCIES
* Review of Fire/Safety/Disaster Plan - Annual
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.