The Audit Resolution Analyst will be responsible for the coordinated response to external post close QC reviews completed by the investor. The role requires experience with FNMA and FHLMC selling guides and quality control protocols.
Applicant must have mortgage originations experience, including determination of credit-worthiness per Agency guidelines and calculation of income.
The ideal candidate will also have a current working knowledge of mortgage underwriting and regulatory compliance. As part of the audit response, the audit resolution analyst will be responsible for providing feedback on the quality of both the originating seller and due diligence vendors.
The ideal candidate should also have experience in conducting pre-close and post-close QC Analysis to verify loans are originated through sound underwriting practices. Analyst must work directly with clients to request trailing documents and responses and maintain tracking and reporting of ongoing audit response status.
Additional duties may include the support of the closed loan credit diligence team activities.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review mortgage credit audit findings for accuracy
- Analyze audit findings and loan file received to determine if in agreement with audit
- Respond directly to audit findings in a professional manner with minimal supervision as to whether Bayview is in agreement with finding or provide additional response in order to resolve
- Work directly with the correspondent to clearly explain the deficiencies found and request the appropriate trailing documentation to resolve based on credit underwriting knowledge and analysis of file
- Perform documentation reviews to verify all required documents have been provided
- Determine if file was accurately underwritten based on documentation in file and additional information received during course of audit resolution
- Communicate deficiencies to the AVP, TPO Underwriting or his/her designee
- Track outstanding audit and request activity on an ongoing basis through internal reports and logs
- Identify trends in audit findings and recommend potential action plans to resolve
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs related work as assigned by department head.
- Able to analyze information relating to the position.
- Able to plan strategically as it relates to the individual, team, and department responsibilities.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate to others verbally and in writing.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is attentive to detail and thorough.
- Is able to deal with complex situations with ease.
- General knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, FHA, VA, USDA.
- Develop deep business process knowledge and stay abreast of business and regulatory changes.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster internal and external business relationships.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage to deadlines.
- General computer knowledge, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with various mortgage loan originations/operations systems.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA and FHA Quality Assurance program requirements and underwriting guidelines. Knowledge of federal and state compliance regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience in Underwriting or QA/QC.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.EEOC
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.