Medical Assistant - Radiation Center - Full Time, Days
Baptist Healthcare System
1401 Brick Alley
Loading some great jobs for you...
Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
Weekly Hours: 40
Status: Full Time
Job Summary: T
he Medical Assistant assists the staff and physicians by collecting pertinent patient information needed to determine physical and psychological needs, address and identify health problems. The Medical Assistant performs selected treatments, procedures and routine duties under the supervision of physicians and the Manager/ Charge Nurse. The MA functions as a member of the healthcare team with responsibilities commensurate with training and demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to adult patients of all ages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Effectively communicates with patients to determine changes in health status since last visit, including medications, and records in EMR.
2. Maintains appropriate and efficient patient flow through exam and treatment areas.
3. Maintains adequate supplies and equipment in exam rooms and other areas as assigned and prepares room after each patient.
4. Assists physicians, ARNPs, and nurses with patient care, exams, tests, and procedures as designated.
5. Accurately obtains and records vital signs, reporting abnormal readings as appropriate.
6. Performs clerical duties as assigned including assembling information for patient education, assisting patients with nutrition and toileting as needed, scheduling, and obtaining insurance authorizations for medications.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, and Licensures/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Applicant must have graduated from one or more of the following programs and have a current certificate or license in that area:
1. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program with current CMA certification from AAMA, AMT or NCCT. Graduate of an approved practical nursing program with current Kentucky LPN Licensure. Graduate of an accredited RN program with current Kentucky RN Licensure.
2. Basic Life Support and other advanced training as appropriate.
3. Computer skills preferred.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.