This temporary part time position is responsible for promoting VWR on University campuses, as well as acting as a backup to the stockroom.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
* Act as a back-up to the onsite stockroom 2-3 hours per day.
* Understand stockroom locations, products stocked and processes used to procure.
* Assist in mapping out entire University- all lab related building opportunities, by wing and floor identified.
* Distribute literature and products to the designated labs and discuss the potential benefits to the customers.
* Proactively follow-up on orders and quotes.
* Ability to demonstrate and set up user profiles on vwr.com Assist in product shows and demonstrations.
* Prepare reports and promotional materials as needed (sample kits).
* Assist in new lab start-ups.
* Assist with manufacturers and VWR support activities.
* Support sales efforts including but not limited to cart shows and campus blitzes
* Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
* High School completion or equivalent (GED)
* Currently enrolled Full Time in undergraduate program at an accredited university
* Major or Minor of study in Science, Business, Engineering, Medical Technology or Nursing highly preferred but not required
* GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
* Previous promotions or sales experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
* Possess excellent communication/people skills
* Ability to take direction and work independently
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in multiple office environments with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
This position requires walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@vwr.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.