CST - Certified Surgical Technologist - Scrub Tech - Second Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
We Are Hiring
Title: CST - Certified Surgical Technologist - Scrub Tech - Second Shift
Department: Surgery, Main OR
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital - Nashville, TN
Schedule: (4) days per week with 10-hour shifts or (5) days per week with 8 hour shifts, This role will work a mid/second shift.
* The CST will go into a call rotation
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Saint Thomas is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Ascension Saint Thomas has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension Saint Thomas provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
58,000+ ED visits
State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
Robust robotic surgical program
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
* Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
* Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
* Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
* Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Per TCA68-57-101(a), non-certified applicants must have at least 18 months experience as a surg technologist in the 3 years preceding May21,2007; or began the appropriate training to be a surg technologist prior to May21, 2007, & completed by May21,2010.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Loading some great jobs for you...