Vice President, Data Strategy (Farmingdale)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 700,000 members representing more than 10 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members.www.ascap.com
The position plays a key leadership role in building a strategic data intelligence function at ASCAP.
It will be responsible for implementing core data capabilities and evangelizing a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organization and the music industry. This VP role will oversee both the data strategy, business intelligence, and data engineering teams at ASCAP.
The successful candidate will be the go-to data and analytics partner for the enterprise and will drive improvements in understanding member segmentation, member engagement, market share and growth by analyzing, measuring and recommending actionable solutions. They will be responsible for and own a diverse set of analytic needs: KPI reporting, test design and analysis, data modeling, member segmentation, dash boarding, and tooling - to discover strategic insights and guide decision making across ASCAP. The head of data will lead a team aimed at increasing business results through the combination of statistical leadership, data analysis, and fast paced execution.
Areas of responsibility/accountability
- Build out and oversee all Data infrastructure and processes, including data governance and data integrity approaches
- Develop and evangelize data-centric methodologies and analyses to support Licensing and other core business functions
- Serve as thought leader on data issues in strategic partnerships and via industry forums to solve key challenges facing the music business
- Manage data insights and analytics, including building out operational dashboards in partnership with all business areas
- Partner with other key Engineering and Technology leaders throughout the organization
- Own all data analytics inclusive of member segmentation, attribution, campaign measurement and reporting, as well as enabling analytics technologies across ASCAPs various platforms
- Deliver insightful analysis and recommendations that can be acted upon by the organization at all levels
- Validate and clearly articulate the approach and the findings of interpretable analytical models and drive the continuous refinement of what should be tracking and reporting to senior management, department heads, and relevant stakeholders
- Lead a team of analysts and data specialists that supports cross functional projects and ensuring timeliness and successful completion
- Model short- and long-term membership and growth forecasts for varying new and existing product scenarios
- Build out in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers (including determining the KPIs that will help meet our forecasts) and deliver value added solutions that have a measurable impact on the business
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving key complex business problems through data analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning techniques
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the data roadmap and strategic vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, and data management
- 10-15+ years of experience in corporate data and analytics-related roles
- Experience in music, entertainment, and media industries preferred; relevant experience in financial services, ad networks/exchanges, and marketplaces a plus
- Data driven thinker with excellent quantitative skills
- Deep experience with big data analysis, BI tools and web analytics platforms required
- Clear and persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses and data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of level of data comprehension
- Proven experience creating insightful reporting and analytics
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and a compulsion to make a difference
- Undergraduate Degree in quantitative discipline required and advance degree preferred
Helpful Technical Requirements
- Experience with Snowflake, Tableau and other modern data lake and warehousing platforms and tool
- Experience with SQL, Hadoop and/or Spark, SAP Business Objects
- Applying Lean & Agile concepts to data delivery required; certifications in these areas desired
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
- Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Associated topics: alumni, business, demand, facebook, festival, government, public relations, social media, solicitation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...