Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Deploying first principles and beyond code approaches to solve structural problems * Developing finite element and response history analysis models and interpreting results * Collaborating with other engineers and consultants on innovative buildings and infrastructure projects * Design and analysis of structures under blast loading * Contributing to threat and vulnerability assessments for security conscious clients * Contributing to the design and specification of physical security solutions
* Degree in structural engineering or similar area * Fundamental knowledge of structural mechanics * Interest and preferably experience in finite element analysis * Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher * Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
* Master's degree in civil or structural engineering * 3.5 GPA or higher * Experience with LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Strand7, and other FEA tools * Formal training in advanced topics such as structural dynamics, solid mechanics, materials, blast and impact engineering, materials or others * Proven interest in the field of structural analysis and complex problem solving
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
* Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles * Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco * Crossrail, London, UK * Fulton Street Transit Center, New York
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
* Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually * Personal Health Insurance * 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10% * Paid Time Off (PTO) * Tuition reimbursement * Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement * Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
'158656 Associated topics: autocad, boiler, cae, chassis, mechanical, mechanical engineer, mechanic, msme, rotordynamic, turbine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.