Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of others, in the community, in the healthcare field? If so, we welcome you to consider an employment opportunity with the Arc of Genesee Orleans.
Currently, we arelooking for aRegistered Nurse.
MAIN FUNCTION:Coordinates delivery of medical and nursing services for individuals served in the residential program and in other agency programs as requested.
- Is responsible for the collection of all medical data including annual physical examination, GYN exam, lab results, dental, vision and hearing tests. Completes quarterly nursing physical as needed.
- Maintains a current formulary system and reviews medications, use and side effects, with Residential Staff. Provides in-services regarding the effects of medications, over the counter medications, etc., to Residents and Staff on a semi-annual basis.
- Assists in the education and training of Staff in medication administration. Conducts annual competency evaluations of medication certified Staff. Develops protocols with Staff to maximize their potential as health care providers.
- Develops and maintains a master schedule of all health-related appointments.
- Develops an Annual Nursing Assessment and Health Care Plan; completes Quarterly Reviews and monthly narratives; completes nursing notes regularly to include recording acute illnesses.
- Provides in-service training to Staff in other medically related areas. Maintains consistent contact with Staff to ensure appropriate follow through of directions or procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS:A.A.S. Degree in Nursing from an accredited Hospital Program or BSN in Nursing, and current license to practice in New York State as a Registered Nurse. Requires a valid NYS Drivers License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Agency. Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 30 pounds.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
We have many rewarding opportunities available and an attractivebenefitspackage which includes:
Paid Time Off,Sick Leave,Paid Holidays,Health Insurance with employer paid deductible share HRA,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance (employer paid),401k with Agency Match (up to 5%),NYS Disability Insurance,Tuition Assistance,Employee Assistance Program
Come Join Our Team!
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, hospice, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, staff nurse, unit