Loading some great jobs for you...
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required:
* Continuously insures health, safety and security of inmates, staff, visitors and public.
* Directly supervises inmate activities within pod for extended periods of time.
* Observes inmates to detect, deter or prevent self destructive or criminal behaviors; enforces rules and regulations in maintaining custody of inmates.
* Inventories, distributes and collects articles coming into and leaving the pod.
* Conducts accurate head counts to ensure proper accounting and allocation of inmates; escorts inmates through the facility.
* Maintains life functions for inmates, including, but not limited to exchanging laundry, serving meals, and furnishing hygiene products
* Physically restrains inmates using handcuffs and other restraints.
* Conducts basic investigation of incidents that occur within the facility and gathers related facts.
* Prepares and processes a variety of reports using an in-house computer system.
* Initiates inmate disciplinary procedures.
* Operates computers and standard office equipment including commonly used computer software programs.
* Is committed to a high standard of safety laws and all of the Sheriff's Office policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
* Maintains regular and acceptable attendance at such level as determined at the Sheriff's Office discretion.
* Is available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the Sheriff's Office determines is necessary or desirable to meets its needs.
* Is available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the Sheriff's Office determines are necessary or desirable to meet its needs.
* Performs duties onsite, except those job duties that are customarily or by nature performed offsite.
* Follows and supports the mission, values, organizational philosophies, operational principles, code of conduct, and policies and procedures of the Sheriff's Office.
* Interacts effectively with others and exercises good judgment when dealing with people in sensitive situations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
**APPLICANTS Will BE REQUIRED TO PASS A PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST**MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
APPLICANT DISQUALIFICATION FACTORS:
Applicants are advised that areas for disqualification from further consideration include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Illegal Drug Use. Applicants who have recent illegal drug usage will be disqualified. Recent drug use includes marijuana within 1 year and all other illegal drug use within the past 5 years. All other illegal drug use will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
* Any felony conviction
* Driving Record. This includes receiving a DUI within the past 5 years, having your Driver's License suspended for any reason within the past 5 years, and having five (5) or more tickets within the past 5 years.
* Outside activities which may be deemed a conflict of interest
* Revelation or discovery of assaultive behavior
* Documented record of prior work performance
* Unsuccessful completion of any basic requirement
* Inability to perform the essential functions of the position
* Police history - type, frequency and nature of contact(s).
* Providing false or misleading information during the application / selection process
Additional Specific Disqualification Factors for Deputy Sheriff:
* Misdemeanor convictions that affect an individual's Colorado P.O.S.T. Certification.
* Domestic violence conviction
* Permanent restraining order as a result of domestic violence
It is the policy of the Sheriff's Office to not discuss the reasons why applicants were not selected for hire. There is no flexibility to this policy. Applicants may be notified of their disqualification at any point in the selection process. If you receive such a notice, it simply means that you do not meet our standards at this time. Receiving this notice does not indicate that you are ineligible to apply with other agencies.
The screening process for any position within the Sheriff's Office may include written test(s), an oral interview, skills test(s) and/or other selection methods designed to measure applicants' ability to perform the essential functions of the job they are seeking. Required examinations also include:
* Physical Agility Test.
* Polygraph Examination.
* Psychological Evaluation (for certain positions).
* Medical Examination, including a drug screen.
* Background Investigation. This will include, but is not limited to contact with the applicant's former employers, associates, neighbors and other pertinent sources. Applicant's military history, school records, police records and driving record will also be investigated. All examinations are conducted by qualified/licensed individuals designated by the Sheriff's Office at the Sheriff's Office expense.
EXPECTED DURATION OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Due to the nature of the application and selection process for the Sheriff's Office, applicants can reasonably expect the application process to take a significant amount of time to complete before a decision is made to hire or not to hire. Typically, it takes approximately 4 to 8 weeks from the date of application to complete the entire selection process. The length of time it takes to complete the process can vary depending on a variety of factors. Please note that this is an estimated duration of the selection process.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources Section at (720) ###-####.
Employees are required to work the time periods and/or shifts, rotational and/or stationary, and location assignment, consistent with the needs of the Sheriff's Office.
All applicants hired by the Sheriff serve at the pleasure of the Sheriff of Arapahoe County and may be assigned to any of the agencies bureaus, sections or units at the discretion of the Sheriff or his duly appointed representative. Employment is at the will and pleasure of the Sheriff, per Colorado State Statute: 30-10-506. Written policies and other manuals do not alter the at will status of employment.
The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office is committed to the implementation of the community-policing concept. Community policing is an organizational strategy and philosophy which emphasizes problem solving partnerships between the Sheriff's Office, neighborhoods and businesses, working together to create a better quality of life within the community.
INITIAL STATUS PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
Successful applicants are subject to an initial status period of employment. This initial status period is 12 months for deputies, and 6 months for all other positions. The initial status period is regarded as part of the applicant's examination process and will be utilized for purposes of employee evaluation, training and adjustment to the demands of the profession. New employees, who fail to perform satisfactorily during the period, may be separated from the Sheriff's Office, depending on the circumstance of each case.
POLICY ON REAPPLICATION
Applicants who failed a written test may reapply and retest no sooner than six months from the date of they took the written test. All other applicants who are disqualified can reapply with the Sheriff's Office no sooner than one year from the date of notification of non-selection.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, who fully supports and complies with ADA.
This job announcement does not constitute a contract of employment. Should there be any discrepancy or error in this job announcement, the applicable policy or pay rate will apply. The Sheriff's Office retains the right to amend this job announcement at any time without notice.
As a regular full-time or part-time Arapahoe County employee you may be eligible for benefits such as:
Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Plan, Flexible Benefit Plan, Pre-paid Legal Service Plan,
Vacation and Sick leave time, Holiday pay, and the Training and Educational Reimbursement Program.
Loading some great jobs for you...