QA Test Lead Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Job Description Job #: 1008824
(Positions NY, NJ, Pitt-PA)
Apex Systems is recruiting for a Sr. QA Lead Analyst for one of our clients here in the Pittsburgh area. This Sr. QA Lead Analyst must be able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and/or user-level automated tools. They will work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. The Sr. QA Lead Analyst should have experience working with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. They must possess a strong track record of high quality desktop and/or mobile client applications. Experienced with automated and manual testing. Strong debugging skills with strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools. Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files. The job holder leads and coordinates the activities of a small application development or support testing team. S/he provides application and user support, troubleshooting, application testing, and post-implementation review of new/changed applications. S/he also completes final testing for conformance to standards and trains staff in technical tools and skills.
Job holder must have prior experience with technical design reviews and tasks, activities and key concerns of the technical design of an application. S/he must be familiar with the existing technology infrastructure and practices of own unit and understand planned platforms, strategies and key issues. Prior experience using a specific application development toolkit required. 10+ years of relevant work experience is required, 3+ of test lead experience preferred.
* QA Team Lead will oversee 2 resources: They will manage their activities, action items, prepare tests, and summarize test results to be presented
* 1 QA Analyst
* 1 Offshore resource
* Candidate needs to be able to oversee and manage tests, but also be able to do the actual hands on automated and manual tests
* The Test team the QA Test Lead will be joining is embedded in the Bank's development team
* Candidate must understand the full SDLC
* Candidate must be organized and be able to work within a small complex teams
* Team will follow the Agile process but not to the letter
* Technical Skills:
* Jira: they should be able to manage a particular ticket on the board
* QA Test Lead Analyst will manage 2 applications under 1 application umbrella
* Why the candidate should be excited about this position:
* This candidate will be joining the Data as a Service project at the bank
* In this project the bank will be developing a data link, dealing with large amounts of raw data, and optimizing processes including the bank's billing process
* Our client is on the forefront of large banks in developing state of the art data structures and implementing Data as a Service initiatives
* Years Experience: 5-10
* Financial experience is required
* Degree required/type? BA/BS
* Top 3-4 skills:
a. Good communication and organizational skills
b. leadership in a complex small team environment
c. Hands on understanding of end-to-end testing procedures
d. Tech skills - SQL, ETL, Jira
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####-6178.
Associated topics: process, prevent, qa, quality assurance, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance lead, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...