The Senior Reporting Analyst works within and across a dedicated function and organization to develop and deliver standardized reporting that promotes overall business effectiveness and efficiency. The incumbent uses process knowledge, data analysis, and business intelligence to create and direct Analysts and Developers to build, manage, and update dashboards and reports. The incumbent provides both detailed analytics when presented with a business issue and analysis and recommendations with self-direction. The Senior Analyst acts as liaison between the business team, business report developers, the IT department, and other reporting users in different functional areas.
* Identify data elements needed to pull for, and analyze data relating to, a posed business problem.
* Collect and analyze complex sets of data in order to provide detailed analytics and recommendations and conclusions on data sets.
* Develop, modify, maintain, and continuously improve reporting processes using tools such as OBIEE.
* Review and interpret reports and analyses to support current business initiatives.
* Complete statistical trend and gap analyses to identify efficiency opportunities in internal processes.
* Support executive or department-wide needs of reporting both internal (ex: Siterra, Salesforce) and external (ex: FAA/FCC, Census, Industry) related data
* Provide technical and analytical expertise when responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring sophisticated data analyses and data management experience.
* Analyze and validate reporting results for accuracy and business requirements.
* Research issues to determine the source of discrepancies and identify solutions for preventing future discrepancies.
* Conduct cross-organizational self-service reporting training for business users.
* Partner with business leaders, business intelligence IT, and centralized reporting teams to identify special projects; determine scope, evaluate requirements, manage implementation, and monitor quality.
* Partner with Reporting Analysts, Developers, and centralized reporting teams to align to existing consistent reporting processes, data elements, and governance policies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Proven ability to research and find reporting fields in a model when given a UI data field from an end user.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be technologically savvy.
* Meticulous attention to detail with an appreciation for the relationship between data quality and the Company's success.
* Ability to understand the Company's operational requirements and translate them into actionable and consumable reporting.
* Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight and minimal supervision.
* Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
* Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
* Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
* Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
* Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
* Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
* Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree required, with a concentration in Computer Science, Business, or a related quantitative discipline preferred.
* Five years of experience in a data analysis role required.
* Minimum two years of experience using OBIEE or other similar analysis tool to develop self-service reports and dashboards and manipulate large data sets required.
* Data regression modeling, forecasting, and statistical analysis experience preferred.
* Data analysis experience, including an ability to visualize and interpret data, required.
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.