The Financial Planning and Analysis (\"FP&A\") Manager will serve as a key member of the Financial, Planning and Analysis team responsible for helping analyze competitive intelligence on pricing, assess service costing, and review and implement business initiatives that adequately meets American Tower's corporate-wide financial and strategic goals. The incumbent is responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and measuring meaningful financial and operational metrics throughout all products and services that leads to insightful price-making decisions and wise capital investments. The Manager will provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for both new and existing products, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc contract and project pricing restructures. The incumbent must develop and maintain business partnerships with Senior Management.
* Produce a quarterly analysis and assessment of all product and contract terms submitted to the Senior Vice President of Operations and the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
* Analyze and contribute in the drafting of American Tower's RFP responses and benchmark those responses to other competitive offers. Support the organization by providing competitive costing recommendations that enables American Tower to meet its financial objectives, while positioning the company for long-term success.
* Influence decisions by employing triple pricing analysis:
* Tops-down approach by utilizing Competitive benchmarks and Elasticity of Demand studies;
* Bottoms-Up approach by utilizing service costing standards; and
* Holistic Value Addition approach by utilizing standard strategic financial modeling to ascertain that all prices meet minimum hurdle rates.
* Prepare, and possibly manage individuals who will prepare, financial models supporting the company's long range strategic planning process.
* Prepare financial models, business narratives and PowerPoint presentation to at times be presented by the incumbent and other times submitted by the incumbent to the company's senior executive team.
* Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for new and existing product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
* Participate actively in meetings and customer leasing agreement negotiations.
* Develop and maintain strategic business partnership with the appropriate employees throughout the U.S. Tower business.
* Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
* Support the budgeting, forecasting and managerial reporting for the Operations organization.
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong track record of strong of adding value to critical business decisions through the use of sophisticated financial modeling and analysis
* Familiarity with corporate accounting, corporate governance and managing capital investment approvals
* Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office suite; exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
* The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
* Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the American Tower organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
* Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
* Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
* Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
* Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major is required. Master's degree and/or CFA certification preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of progressive finance experience including consulting, investment banking, financial modeling and financial planning & analysis, with high growth companies that have reached at least $100M in annual revenues.
* Experience in financial planning (for a large enterprise), financial modeling and financial analysis are required.
* Experience with business unit budgeting and reporting required.
* Previous experience implementing and using enterprise-wide planning tool preferred
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (\"ATC\" or the \"Company\") is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.