Sr. Data Engineer - Power BI
Compensation: $94,330.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We're adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US is launching new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance that will unite the strengths and expertise of Munich Re's specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The chosen candidate will independently provide data and business analytics support by working closely with Analytics, Underwriting, Actuarial, IT, Operations and Claims teams. This support includes expert business knowledge on the extraction, interpretation, architecting, modeling, transforming, and preparation of both quantitative and qualitative data as well as the creation and maintenance of actuarial and analytics databases, process automation and developing end-user tools to support data-driven decision making.
Major accountabilities include:
* Supervise the maintenance and enhancement work of key strategic dashboards
* Perform extraction, cleaning, transforming, manipulation and loading of various data files formats, databases and cloud/web sources.
* Develop complex Power BI design and DAX code
* Work with databases containing data from multiple sources, at various granular levels, to deliver data in good quality for use in analytics and visualization projects.
* Make data architecture design decision for data dashboard/report and assist to develop data dashboard with visualization capabilities.
* Lead complex data requirement gathering phases of dashboard and analytics projects.
* Work with business and IT to define demands on the infrastructure of the MR Data Lakes on the basis of Hadoop, Hive, Power BI Workspace and SAS on an ongoing basis.
* Work with IT and other stakeholders to prepare, maintain and quality assure internal/external data sources.
* Bachelor's Degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years of sound experience with data modelling, data intake and data-curation procedures as well as outstanding SQL skills, incl. advanced concepts such as distributed queries and spatial queries.
* Strong hands on experience with Power BI dashboard design, development and WS modeling.
* Knowledge of modern web-based procedures for data visualization
* Ability to think and work in a Group-wide network, strongly service orientated, team player and highly motivated.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Proficient oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to schedule and prioritize workload demands, including multi-tasking.
* Experience in results monitoring and rate/product development.
* 4+ years of hands-on HQL, SQL, Power BI, SAS (a plus).
* Insurance/reinsurance/actuarial experience highly preferred.
* Experience in the commercial insurance industry (especially property and casualty) is preferred but not necessary.
* 2+ years of Data architecture experience with regards to duplicative or redundant metadata, data structures or processes.
* Proven experience in software development projects with Java Spring, Docker, Git, Maven/Gradle and Jenkins, proven agile project management and requirements engineering skills (SCRUM, Design Thinking).
* Proven experience in Data Visualization tools ( such as Power BI, SAS VA, etc.)
* Experience leading projects preferred.
Associated topics: data integration, data manager, data scientist, data warehouse, data warehousing, etl, erp, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...