Position Summary The Business Process Test Team is a group of American Express and Contractor Colleagues responsible for pre- and post- production testing and validation of new products and features within the TLS product suite. With an emphasis on financial reporting systems, these end to end business process test protocols are designed to minimize/eliminate the risk of introducing defects into our production systems which could impact other products, processes, downstream and accounting systems. The Senior Manager of this team is responsible for maintaining a holistic view across all TLS products and services, defining a risk-based test approach focused on the business outcomes that new products and features are designed to achieve, managing the execution of end to end business process testing projects, and providing metrics on the efficacy of test initiatives.
Job Scope This is a management role responsible for people, processes, and a vendor service agreement. The Senior Manager, Business Process Testing reports to the Director, Global Product Operations, and will work closely with Product Managers, Travel Operations, Vendor and Enterprise Technical Teams to manage the final end to end testing of new products and features and provide sign-off of successful execution prior to production release. The Senior Manager is responsible for budgeting the OpEx for test projects and adhering to scheduling and documentation requirements in accordance with TLS and enterprise SOPs and best practices.
* Develop test plans and scheduling recommendations based on business objectives, priorities and compliance requirements.
* Evaluate opportunities to apply automation whenever possible.
* Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency.
* Establish department SOPs and maintain strict adherence to compliance requirements and guidelines.
* Coach performance and career objectives of individual team members.
* Manage budgeted OpEx and vendor service agreement to minimize cost.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a QA, UAT, or software testing role in travel-related products and services.
* Proficiency with Rally, JIRA, or similar development and defect tracking applications.
* Working knowledge of Sabre GDS, Central Command, and other Travel Agency automation products and tools.
* Self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
* Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment.
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work with minimal direction.
* Able to work flexible hours with occasional over time as needed.
* Occasional travel (2-3 trips/year) may be required.
Desired skills/certification : Agile, SAFe, Sabre, Business Process Testing framework and methodologies
/ Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. /