Senior Financial Analyst - Profit & Loss Forecasting and Analytics
: $125,056.67 - $157,490.00 /year *
: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Profit & Loss (P&L) forecasting and analytics team within Risk Finance is responsible for forecasting and analysis of business volumes and P&L under various macroeconomic scenarios. These are crucial component of the AXP's Capital Plan which is submitted annually to the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors and biennially to the Federal Reserve Board (the Fed) as part of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR).
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of macroeconomic forecast based on the Fed's narrative and in partnership with 3rd party vendor (external economists). The role will also support the forecasting of business volumes, certain P&L lines, and related analysis. This position offers the opportunity to understand the dynamics of external (economic) and internal (key metrics) drivers of AXP's P&L, supporting senior management with key analysis, and collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners.
* Partner with multiple cross-functional teams and external economists to validate macroeconomic scenarios and support the internal review of macroeconomic variables used in modeling
* Support development of financial projections across different macroeconomic environments to support various stress testing exercises across AXP, including Bank Holding Company and local market Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and American Express National Bank (AENB) Macroeconomic Stress Testing
* Support the company's 'Winning through the Cycle' strategy by providing analytics on the impact of macroeconomic stress on business volumes and related metrics, in partnership with colleagues across the organization
* Support the development and implementation an automated solution for forecasting using enterprise systems such as TM1
* Contribute to the team's data governance, documentation, and process and controls efforts
* Strong Excel skills, including modeling large amounts of data while maintaining strict controls on data quality * Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to create impactful presentations for Senior Management
* Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results
* Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
* Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
* Strong organizational skills
* Knowledge of card business model and economics preferred
* Expertise in SQL/Hive is preferred
* 2 years of relevant work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. Associated topics: analyst, business, examiner, financial analyst, financial reporting analyst, investment analyst, investment banking, legal, monitor, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.