• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Provides supervision and evaluation of aides and physical therapist assistants
• Current and unencumbered license to practice physical therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company
• Successful completion of a physical therapy program at a school of physical therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visitsPreferred:
• Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
• One year of physical therapy experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
Not applicable.Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
PHYSICAL THERAPIST NEEDED IN ILLINOIS JUST OUTSIDE OF ST. LOUIS full time, permanent position extremely competitive pay excellent benefits outpatien…Read More
Physical Therapist/PT/Travel PTLooking for a therapist who would like a contract position in Home Health for the Alton, IL area. Please call for more…Read More
We are seeking Physical Therapists (PT) to work in skilled nursing facilities in and around St. Louis, MO. Both travel and local therapists are encou…Read More
MAS is seeking an exceptional Physical Therapistfor a Skilled Nursing Facility in Edwardsville, IL. The successful candidate will evaluate and establ…Read More