- Amedisys Home Health Services
- $84,560.00 -118,400.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
3211 Horseblock Road
What You Will Do:
As a home health physical therapist assistant, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will work in tandem with a full team of healthcare professionals including physical therapists, nurses, other therapists and aides. You will have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their health and facilitate independence in their home.
* Collaborate with the physical therapist in assisting the physician in assessing the patient's functional level by applying appropriate tests. Assist in the development and revision of the Plan of Care
* Treat patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy Plan of Care
* Observe, record and report the patient's response to treatment and any changes in patients condition to the physical therapist and/or director
* Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient which includes instruction in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices and durable medical equipment, as appropriate
* Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
* Actively participate in patient care conferences to ensure coordination of patient care
* Current and unencumbered license to practice as a physical therapist assistant specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company
* Current CPR certification
* Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
* One (1 ) year of therapy experience with adults, specifically, the geriatric patient population
Associated topics: clinician, lactation, movement disorder, orthopedic, physical, physical therapist, physical therapy, rehab, therapist assistant, therapist physical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...