Amcor Rigid PackagingMaintenance Materials CoordinatorAllentown, PASummary:
The position supports the Maintenance Supervisors, Storeroom Team, and Maintenance Planner with the ordering and tracking of parts and materials related to workorders and stock. The Maintenance Materials Coordinator assures all parts, materials and supplies are on hand so that work may be scheduled. Communicate daily with Leads, Supervisors, and Managers regarding material status, and all other related material issues that may affect the timeliness of planned maintenance tasks. Maintenance Material Coordinator is an integral part of the maintenance workflow operations by quickly identifying potential material-related delays in advance and tracking down needed materials using SAP. Requests, monitors and reports on preventive maintenance material due dates and planned arrival / status of ordered parts, coordinating efforts with the suppliers, shippers, and other facilities to expedite parts procurement as needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that purchase requisitions are being created, approved and converted to purchase orders in a timely manner, meeting PM scheduling quantities and dates.
- Ensures that purchase order discrepancies price, description, SAP#, etc are being corrected in a timely manner to avoid delays of material shortfalls against established PM schedules.
- Monitors the critical spares lists and auto generated stock reqs daily. Upon department approval, pushes the materials through from approval to delivery to the plant.
- Uses established BOM s as a basis to order stock, non-stock parts and materials needed by the maintenance team by utilizing PM schedules and the SAP WO system.
- Manage parts in SAP by requesting part numbers for new parts, updating descriptions as needed, evaluating min/max levels to match actual needs, and ensuring information record accuracy.
- Monitor and correct invoice and PO discrepancies in a timely matter, and identify root cause of issues in order to improve the process.
- Makes suggestions and seeks approval to implement new work instructions or procedures, as needed, to improve department accuracy and reduce or eliminate work flow and/or system constraints and delays.
- Facilitate / coordinate materials-related training for the Maintenance and Stockroom teams in a way that improves departmental performance and cultivates buy-in and team work.
- Assigns tasks to Storeroom Attendants as needed
- Monitors storeroom processes and procedures as well as use of SAP by departmental and non-departmental teams to ensure that established processes and procedures are being followed properly. Makes suggestions to the Management Team for improvements, and follow up to resolve documented issues, as needed.
- Develops, measures and publishes Key Performance Indictors (KPI s) directly related to PM material availability and accuracy as well uses root-cause analysis tools to determine best practices and maintain focus on continual improvements to the material coordination process.
- Acts as the primary contact for Storeroom Clerks to communicate information, assist in problem-solving and trouble-shooting, and acts as a general resource for improvements and material inventory tracking.
- Assists with cycle counts of spare parts inventory.
- Audits monthly cycle count reconciliation and reports data to Departmental Management team.
- Actively participates in plant safety training and activities to model the expectations of our plant safety culture
- Ability to accept off hours calls to order emergency parts as needed.
- Must be able to perform all Storeroom Attendant duties as a backup.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years (min) experience as a material coordinator, buyer or planner in a manufacturing organization.
- 3 years (min) experience using an MRP / ERP software system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and strong ability to work in a Team-Oriented environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- Meet all established company polices for safety and conduct
- Valid Drivers License
- Travel 10%
- Associates degree in a procurement, business or technical field preferred.
- Working Knowledge of SAP and / or Ariba software systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Must be able to manipulate parts and supplies with both hands, both above and below shoulder height
- Must be able to move throughout the facility and remove / store parts from bin locations at various levels
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to work in both Air Conditioned / Heated and Non-Air Conditioned / Heated Environments
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Material Supervisor.