Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance has an exceptional opportunity for a Auto Good Hands Repair Network Administrator in Elkridge, MD!
The Support Function is responsible for assisting claims professionals or a Field office by performing analysis or activities related to customer satisfaction, loss, and expense management, or other claim activity. Support may include clerical data entry, processing claims, medical, and witness report requests, filing paper documents, processing claims payments, and performing word processing. Support also may include obtaining first notice of loss reports from claimant/agent via telephone/fax/mail/internet. Auto claims involve the evaluation and resolution of physical damages to vehicles.
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for monitoring the activities of area Good Hands Repair Network (GHRN) shops, responding to customer or shop questions, providing status, managing and resolving moderately complex customer and shop issues, and collaborating with leadership to identify and maximize production ensuring favorably impact loss adjustment expenses. This individual can negotiate pricing for parts & repairs, determine appropriate shop location to do work, and make recommendations and/or decisions to ensure quality control is met. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention in all dealings and communications with both internal and external contacts. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs and resolving their issues; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Serves as primary liaison between the GRHN shops, customers, and adjusters, negotiating appropriate actions to resolve customer issues and/or repair needs; assists with shop questions and helps determine appropriate actions to resolve moderately complex coverage and repair quality issues; processes claim payments
- Review, analyze and determine actions needed to resolve moderately complex agent and vendor inquiries relating to claims
- May assist shops with researching, negotiating or ordering parts
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
File Review/Quality Assurance
- Generates and analyzes system reports to identify trends or issues and provides quality control recommendations, information and observations to management
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- Researches, recommends and explains alternative parts in a basic and occasionally moderately complex claim
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Applies general ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle moderately complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.