Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
IT Group Description
The Private Wealth Quality Assurance team works closely with the Private Wealth group to provide testing services for a collection of related Private Wealth projects, which involve applications used by the Wealth Management groups as well as the PC Sales, Servicing and Marketing teams.
IT Job Description:
We are seeking a Nashville based Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Quality Assurance team in Private Wealth.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
The primary project that the candidate will contribute to will be the digital presence of Private Wealth, including our mobile app and public website. The candidate will also have a coordination role with our offshore testing teams.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes complex functional requirements, performs research on current processes, designs and documents test strategy, and interacts with the business analysts and developers to author comprehensive test plans and test scripts
- Reviews and validates system data and product quality to ensure system integrity and data fixtures
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of the UI and API automated testing scripts and conducts automated testing on the most critical client-facing applications as needed
- Develops, reviews, refines, uses and documents plans for both automated and manual functional, integration, and regression tests and assures that tests are successfully completed prior to production
- Functional, Compatibility and Regression test execution across various environments (Desktop, Mobile)
- Identifies, reports and manages defects
- Provides support for smoke testing of production releases after regular business hours
- Provides accurate testing status to leadership and project team(s)
- Active participant in process improvements, voice project concerns and impacts
- Acts as an advocate for the end user experience
What is the professional development value of this role?
There is enormous growth opportunity in this role. From a functional point of view, they would be learning how investment process works from a client engagement standpoint. The systems they will support are critical to the success of our advisors to help clients grow.
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- BS in Computer Science, Math, and/or related major
- 6+ years experience in the field of Quality Assurance with strong QA fundamentals, experience in functional testing, regression testing and exploratory testing
- 4+ years experience in testing complex enterprise web applications with multiple upstream and downstream integrations
- 2+ years experience with automated testing
- 1+ years experience with mobile application testing
- Experience in managing and reporting of defects
- Keen understanding of SDLC, STLC
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing, managing and executing end to end test plans and test cases
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter and a team player
- Ability to follow a project schedule, juggling tasks and priorities to meet rapidly changing deadlines
- Ability to write automated tests using Selenium or an equivalent automation tool
- Ability to prioritize tasks within the project and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and deliver in an agile environment supporting multiple teams
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus
- Accessibility testing experience is a plus
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, qa, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance lead, software quality, software quality assurance, software quality assurance engineer, test
Loading some great jobs for you...