**THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.**
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICER, Position Description Number **D1640000** and is part of the HI 154 MXG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
**SUMMARY OF DUTIES:** The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Aircraft Maintenance Group Commander, with responsibility for directing, and managing the Aircraft Maintenance Group. It partners with the Wing Commander, as well as the Mission Support Group, and the Operations Group Commanders in planning, scheduling, and implementing an Operationally Risk Managed (ORM) flying program. The scope of work for the positions is identified with an authorized work force ranging from 325 to 674 Military Technicians, Traditional Guard members, Active Guard/Reserve (AGR), Non Dual Status Technicians, state employees, and contract personnel.
- Collaborates with the Wing Commander and other group commanders to plan, develop and implement numerous long term plans to include: the Wing Strategic Plan (mission, goals, values, objectives, etc.), the Base Master Plan (facilities), Communications/Computer Plan (infrastructure capabilities/upgrade), the Vehicle Replacement Plan, Four Year Deployment Plan, Aircraft Modification Plan, Depot Input Plan, force management and recruiting/retention plans, weapon system conversions, base supplements to tasking operational plans, operational planning for Aerospace Expeditionary Forces (AEF) participation, and others. - Through subordinate functional supervisors, directs and supervises staff and production functions affecting very complex high performance aircraft with a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated systems, controlling approximately two thirds of base dollars. - Plans, organizes, schedules, controls, and directs all unit aircraft maintenance resources to meet mission requirements. - Plans, schedules, controls and directs the use of all resources to assure timely, effective and complete support of mission requirements. - Plans and institutes fiscal policies to implement federal law and higher headquarters directives. - Coordinates with the operations and maintenance groups to ensure an integrated approach to the solution of problems relating to availability of A/C, and the ability to conduct the military mission. - Plans, implements, and executes contingency operations involving from two to six like units in support of Aerospace Expeditionary Forces. - Represents and speaks for the Wing Commander, with representatives of the National Guard Bureau, the Adjutant General, USP&FO, other military components, state/local governments, business and other public/private groups or organizations and persons having an interest in the programs of the wing/group and performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1640000) located online, on the FASCLASS website. =======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
1601 Equipment Facilities, And Services
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. - This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement. - Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. - Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. - Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement. - Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service. - Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. - May be required to successfully complete a probationary period. - Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. - Submit all documents/application NLT midnight Eastern Standard Time. - Must be in the grade of (O5 promotable to O6). - Military technician compatible prior to placement: DAFSC 20C0, 21AX, or 21MX
**If your resume does not include a narrative description of how you meet the GENERAL, SPECIALIZED experiences, and OTHER requirements, you may lose consideration for this position. Ensure that the Questionnaire is completed on Application Manager.**
**GENERAL EXPERIENCE**: Experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a knowledge of equipment maintenance work, or skill in reading engineering drawings and specifications, using test instruments, making computations, and keeping records. Experience using computer and automation systems.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:** Must have at least 36 months experience in applying principles, concepts, and methods of equipment, facility, or service operations sufficient in planning assignments. Experience using well-established occupational methods and techniques to determine facility, grounds, equipment overhaul, maintenance, restoration, repair needs, etc. Experience in determination of resource needs, allocation of resources, and budgeting/funding needs. Experience in human resources management policy matters affecting the entire organization, with personnel actions affecting key employees to include experience coordinating work forces and resources and negotiating with management or clients concerning problems. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
**OTHER REQUIREMENTS:** Must possess or be able to obtain Top Secret security clearance within one year of appointment.
**MILITARY TECHNICIAN COMPATIBILITY POSITION:** Prior to placement in this position, the selected candidate must be assigned to a valid position in the unit of employment, and be assigned militarily in DAFSC 20C0, 21AX, or 21MX.
**NOTES TO CANDIDATES:** a. Situations of inversion of military rank are not permitted, i.e., a military technician may not be militarily senior to his or her full-time supervisor.
b. Authorization for payment of PCS expenses will be granted only after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Hawaii National Guard.
c. Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be offered. Authorization for payment will be granted only after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Hawaii National Guard and approved by The Adjutant General, Hawaii, and National Guard Bureau.
d. In addition to your application, documents of last performance appraisal, past civilian performance, letter of recommendations, and or military performance may be submitted.
e. Candidates may be screened and evaluated on military attributes directly related to the compatible military position required to be assigned into, such as, but not limited to, military bearing, leadership, or ability to work with others (teamwork) in a military environment.
f. Include any volunteer work experience in your resume. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social).
g. Final selection will be based upon qualifications, suitability, and available manpower resources.
h. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
i. Financial Suitability - It is the policy of the government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
j. May be eligible for Superior Qualification step increase based on initial appointee superior qualifications and special need of the agency (If you are currently a full-time technician within the DOD, Hawaii National Guard agency, this does not apply).
k. Eligibles on this list will be given automatic consideration for position vacancies occurring during the six months period following the close of this announcement.
l. Qualified candidates in the second recruitment area will be referred if there are no qualified applicants in the first recruitment area.
m. Cost of living allowances (COLA) vary from island to island. COLA is subject to change without notice.
n. This position is also being announced for fill in military duty \\[Active Guard/Reserve (AGR)\\] status under JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FY19-105 AGR-AIR. For details and application procedures click on the website:
### Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your **resume** showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. **Other supporting documents**: **OF-306**
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to **select your resume and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
### Agency contact information
### Gretchen Molina
HI 154 MXG 360 Mamala Bay Drive JBPHH, HI 96853 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531523700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.