Job Title:Systems Engineer F5
Clearance Level:Active DoD - TS/SCI
Required Certification(s):IAT III - (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP or CISSP (Associate), CCNP Security),F5 Technology Specialist Certified
**Selected applicantsmay be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ** SUMMARY:
The proper candidate will serve as the F5 Subject Matter Expert. He shall provide Tier III level F5 Load Balancer support acting as a reverse proxy, configure F5 Big-IP platforms for access from the internet to internal Client application servers, provide capabilities in supporting Boundary Security Devices, Active Directory, and firewalls to provide load balancing and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services. The Engineer shall configure the F5 services to support Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, networking, PKI/SSL and other technologies as applicable. The F5 infrastructure is a mixed environment of VMware based and physical based devices. These tasks require capabilities in VMware Virtualization, and VMware cloud to perform the specialized EDM Boundary Security Device tasks.
The Engineer shall: * Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Gateway and Firewall Services.
* Provide support for Gateway and Firewall related technologies.
* Monitor the health of Gateway and Firewall Services with Client-provided event management tools.
* Resolve F5 tickets escalated from the service desk or Tier II using Remedy
* Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the Tier 1 / Tier II service desk for handling standard Gateway, Firewall and load balancer services related incidents, work orders and service requests.
* Submit and execute Gateway, Firewall Services, load balancer related Request for Change (RFC) tasks.
* Coordinate incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as Engineering and other sections.
* Support the change management process by submitting requests through Change Approval Board, participating in a Change Review Board, and providing information to support decision making.
* Escalate issues to third party product vendors.
* Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
* Monitor and implement, upon management approval, guidance from the USCYBERCOM.
* Configure Transport Layer Security access and logging on the devices.
* Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Command Cyber Operational Readiness Inspections (CCORI).
Education and Certifications: * IAT III - (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP or CISSP (Associate), CCNP Security)
* F5 Technology Specialist CertifiedBackground Needed and Years of Experience: * At least five years demonstrated in network engineering, security and credential management.
* Experience with VMWare and its interaction with F5 virtual devices.
* Experience with F5 7200 and 10330 series Local Traffic Manager as a reverse proxy for all client external facing websitesAdditional Skills & QualificationsPreferred Technical Skills: * F5 Architecture Design for Microsoft Exchange
* F5 Big-IP Access Policy Manager
* F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Manager
* F5 Big-IP Global Traffic Manager
* F5 Certified Solutions Expert (CSE)
Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible. Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages. General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Strength Demands:Light 20 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs. A job is light if less lifting is involved but significant walking/standing is done or if done mostly sitting but requires push/pull on arm or leg controls.
Physical Requirements: * Walk
* Repetitive Motion
* Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
* Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
* Talk or Hear
* Push or Pull
* Climb (stairs, ladders) or Balance (ascend / descend, work atop, traverse)
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our Listen. Think. Innovate. philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician