Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are a top ranked regional CPA and consulting firm with a sixty year reputation for excellence and expertise in the accounting and management consulting industry. Providing the services of a large firm with a blended environment of practices, services and industry specializations, we continue to demonstrate renowned industry leadership year-over-year. The firm takes pride in client service and professional growth and has recently been named one of the Business Journal's 'Best Places to Work'.We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit and the guidance we provide to our clients on a daily basis so they can make better decisions in their business. We offer a very reasonable work/life balance, high base/bonus compensation packages, great benefits, diverse publicly held and closely held clients to work on, and a fast track to Partnership. Tax Manager positions are available in our Riverside, West Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Jose, CA offices.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients' tax returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Manager has mastered the skills and requirements of the Senior role and has been identified as possessing the pre-requisite for future growth in the Firm. The Manager makes decisions most tax situations.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in discipline or industry.
- Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical skills.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the A&A Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firms' clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Accurate and timely billing and collection processes are made.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms' philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of senior, semi-seniors and staff accountants.
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs.
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the tax department.
- Five to ten years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's degree in taxation preferred.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit among staff.
Loading some great jobs for you...