In addition to secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements), this position will provide administrative support to executive staff with office management responsibilities to include budgeting, personnel records and payroll. The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
* Receive/review all incoming correspondence and mail, routing it to the appropriate organization or individual. Prepare detailed outgoing correspondence
* Maintain files or correspondence. Schedule appointments and meetings.
* Maintain up-to-date files of all division records, some of a complex nature.
* Coordinate and arrange travel requirements, obtaining the lowest available fares and lodging.
* Answer, screen and direct telephone calls, relay messages and answer complex inquiries.
* Attend meetings to take, finalize and distribute minutes.
* Organize and maintain complex computerized and manual files, records, inventories, and data bases including backing up and purging systems, annotating files, and retrieving data in report form as required.
* Monitor the progress of division commitments and suspense items and follow-up on past due projects.
* Perform any range of division custodian activities including responsibility for tracking, scheduling and maintaining related records for keys, vehicles, files, records, training, physical examinations, certifications and other general administrative matters.
* Work independently and may train lower level personnel as required.
* Advises other administrative and clerical support personnel in the division of new procedures and requests information as need.
* May perform research or analysis as required and prepare documentations, reports, presentation materials and visual aids for executive presentations relating to functionally specific issues for the division.
High school diploma or equivalent required with some specialized training. Seven (7) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Must have thorough working knowledge of computer operating systems, database, spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and other common programs. Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions, based on established procedures and knowledge of division operations and priorities. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to \"make amazing happen\" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 208787BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.