Administrative Volunteer (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Function: Provide support to the Center staff by welcoming community members, conducting tours, and assisting with events and other administrative tasks.
To be successful in this position you must become able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within Center procedures.
- Operates according to established expectations.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in volunteer expectations section below.
- Meets meeting & participation requirements as outlined in volunteer expectations section below.
- Meets compliance requirements as outlined in volunteer expectations section below.
Communicates Center-related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner. Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture. Demonstrates competent verbal communication with internal and external customers. Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner. Works collaboratively with Center volunteers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve.
Meeting & Participation Requirements
- Reports to the Center for scheduled volunteer hours.
- Follows Center procedures and encourages same in others.
- Submits documentation of time spent on volunteer activities.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
To qualify for this volunteer opportunity you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Must have relevant skills/experience in customer service.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative associate, administrative coordinator, clergy, database, human resources, operational assistant, receptionist, salesforce, staff assistant
Loading some great jobs for you...