Acenda is an integrated health care organization dedicated to industry-leading prevention, treatment and wellness services compassionately delivered to ensure that every individual, family and community achieves their greatest potential.
As recently named a Top Workplace by Philadelphia Network two years in a row, we are looking for qualified candidates to make our team even stronger!
Overview: A currently competent counselor who delivers professional care to children aged 8-18 and their families. The professional will utilize: professional assessment and treatment skills, an ability to communicate with children, utilization management, documentation, discharge planning, communications skills, treatment skills found in the Core Competency inventory, and collaboration with physicians and other team members.
To qualify for the Youth Partial Care Counselor position you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or related field from an accredited institution.
- One year experience in the provision of youth mental health service.
To be a successful Youth Partial Care Counselor you must be able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within the agency's policies and procedures.
- Operates according to the program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
Youth Partial Care CounselorJob Expectations
- Communicates programmatic or job-related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to the supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Meets with the supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Meets obligations of program (contractual, licensing, Medicaid, etc.).
- Follows program policies and procedures and encourages the same in others.
- Educates self on issues impacting the program population.
- Operates conscientiously in accordance with program budget (i.e., use of client engaging funds, office supplies).
- Completes and submits accurate written reports and documentation per established guidelines.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
- Submits documentation within program requirements.
- Attends agency and program meetings and training within established time frames.
- Plays an active role in meetings and training designed to enhance agency and program operations.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro