Emergency Screener PERSCM (Westwood)
Compensation: $177,070.00 - $177,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Overview: TheEmergency Screener provides emergency/mental health assessments to patients in need of crisis stabilization.
Services: The Emergency Screener screens patients in crisis for psychiatric hospitalization - both voluntary and involuntary and provides crisis stabilization services to patients in psychiatric crisis.
To qualify for the Emergency Screener position you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience
- Minimum requirement is Bachelors Degree plus two years mental health experience, one of which is in a crisis setting and currently enrolled in a Master's program; or registered professional nurse with three years mental health experience, one of which is in a crisis setting.
- Preferred requirement is a Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a related field with clinical training.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
To be a successful Emergency Screener you must be able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within the agency's policies and procedures.
- Operates according to the program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
Emergency ScreenerJob Expectations
- Communicates programmatic or job-related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to the supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Meets with the supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Provides appropriate referral and linkage when indicated.
- Develops and implements alternative treatment plans.
- Consults with psychiatrist and E.R. doctor regarding client disposition.
- Consults with E.R. doctor for safe management of the aggressive client while in E.R.
- Consults with community/agencies for appropriate referral/disposition of client in the community.
- Provides assessment of drug and alcohol involvement when clinically indicated and provides disposition planning for D/A involved patients.
- Completes Authorization for Police Transport form (when appropriate), Screening Document and appropriate clinical instruments
- Provides mobile outreach to both structured and unstructured sites. (Structured sites include: police departments, nursing homes, schools, correctional facility; Unstructured sites include: community and client homes, utilizing police escort and transport as clinically appropriate.
- Provides consultation with patient and family members present in E.R.
- Provides consultation, training, technical assistance to other clinical staff
- Provides on-call coverage including cellular/mobile phone coverage on a rotating/assigned basis
- Attends department meetings/supervision when required.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: behavior science, behavior scientist, clinical psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, dayrehab, mental health, psychiatry, psychology, social worker, sociology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...