Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a talented individual to join the International Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst, International will report to the Sr. Director Finance, International and will work closely with Finance teams in each of our International markets, our International head office team and our Corporate Finance & Accounting teams. This role will be responsible for combining an understanding of Tax, Treasury and Accounting requirements for a US public company coupled with knowledge of our regional businesses to assist the local finance teams with implementation and compliance with our policies, reporting and requirements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establishing strong working relationships with regional business leaders, regional finance teams and Corporate finance teams
- Assisting local finance teams in determining application of Corporate policies and procedures to their specific business
- Applying knowledge of local business needs and US GAAP, Tax, Treasury and other US requirements in support of strategic decision-making
- Driving implementation of new Corporate policies and procedures to the International businesses in partnership with Corporate resources
- Coordinate efforts to drive best in practice processes
- Effectively communicate issues, ideas and results to various levels of management
- Provide explanations, insights and analysis for areas of responsibility
- Assist with special projects, including potential organic and M&A growth initiatives, as needed
- Assist in integration of accounting, finance and business processes and polices in acquired companies
Qualifications and work experience include, but are not limited to the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles in a complex global organization
- Strong leadership skills with proven success in project management and implementing process improvements
- Detail-orientated with an ability to see the bigger picture and understand how policies and procedures apply within different environments
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to speak and present information in an effective, clear and concise manner
- Expert Excel skills, experience with Hyperion a plus
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Tax, Payroll, Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting and Human Resources.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting
- Experience with US GAAP, SOX, Treasury and Tax
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Good collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Foreign language skills a plus
- May require International travel & will require ability to accommodate other time zones
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star notebook, a Swingline stapler, a Quartet dry erase board, or a Kensington computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, business analytic, business finance, business systems analyst, financial analytic, forecasting, investment analyst, legal, valuation analyst