Direct Sourcing is a global team of sourcing professionals focused on delivering the pipeline and supporting on-market product assurance of supply. Global Sourcing team has deep relationships with R&D to support their needs and Operations to bridge future commercial operational requirements and on-market assurance of supply.
Sourcing Manager will lead direct material sourcing initiatives to support AbbVie delivering the pipeline and supporting on-market product assurance of supply, including, launch excellence, risk mitigation, and value creation. Critical direct categories support small molecule, large molecule and anti-body drug conjugates product..
Responsible to lead external market sourcing, supplier identification and supply market insight activities for suppliers, products and geographic regions.. Primary point of contact for R&D and Operations stakeholders to identify business needs, develop sourcing plans, and manage external supplier relationship engagement.
This position is responsible to own the lifecycle of a supplier agreement (deal inception to supply agreement execution) and is responsible to collaborate effectively with cross functional partners in R&D and Operations. Responsible for multimillion dollar value creation annually.
- Understand AbbVie products, pipeline, and priorities to synthesize and develop opportunities with supplier capabilities.
- Partner early, build strong relationships with R&D, represent business requirements on due diligence and supplier selection, align R&D needs with future commercial operations' requirements.
- Build and sustain highly credible professional presence with internal cross function stakeholders and external suppliers. Builds rapport and assures alignment and strong communication with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate external sourcing and supply market capability awareness and leadership, showing expertise across regions and material categories.
- Skilled collaborative negotiator leveraging grasp of organizational interests and optionality to achieve results and goals, balancing financial goals with operational and quality needs.
- Systematically evaluate complex sourcing opportunities, Influence decisions, and own activities from new supplier identification, supporting pipeline, on-market and new technologies to finalizing of contracts.
- Exhibit excellent professional presence, proactive communication, with confidence to represent Abbvie interests and lead Sourcing organization projects.
- Properly convert negotiated deals to performance based, legally sound contracts that successfully transition to category management for on-going supplier management and program sustainability.
- Communicate, and manage the execution of both pipeline and on-market sourcing representing a minimum of $25-$75 million of annual expenditures.
- Initiate and cultivate open, honest and beneficial relationships with colleagues and stakeholders by establishing rapport, develop understanding of needs, promote common goals and follow through on commitments. Adapt information to stakeholder's needs: deliver communications tailored to the needs of the receiver; using appropriate language and level of detail for the receiver.
- Use analytical abilities to gather, analyze and establish starting point for each sourcing process.
- Timely execution of established sourcing process for all projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, Chemistry/Biology, Law, Economics, Engineering or like degree. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)-desired.
- 7-10 years of total combined minimum experience required.
- Required experiences: Recognized as Sourcing Authority, Seasoned Negotiator , Project Management, Conflict Resolution, Chemical / Biologics industrial experience, Supply Chain Management, Production Planning, Value Engineering, Cost Analysis, Financial Analysis, Quality Systems and Documentation, Regulatory Issues, Compliance, Contracting Experience, Technical Experience. Strong Communication/Persuasion, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to lead teams through the sourcing process and keep members focused on a fact-based conclusion without defaulting to a compromise position.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, execute and measure successful project implementations. Displays the capabilities of project management by formulating complex project objectives and breaking them down to actionable tasks. Manages to key milestone dates critical to ensure maximum savings impact.
- Experience with sourcing and supply markets supporting intermediates, API, biologics, single use manufacturing consumables, packaging materials, chemicals, reagents, solvents and excipients.