Business Systems Analyst (Pekin)
Compensation: $89,860.00 - $136,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
As a Business System Analyst, you will work within AbbVie's Information Research organization. The BSA will have an opportunity to help define and deliver technologies and capabilities that will assist Regulatory Affairs and R&D Quality Assurance realize their future strategic vision.
The Business System Analyst are individual contributors to the development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to system projects. The position has the responsibility for the management of applications and data residing in the application. The Business Systems Analyst maintain the application's data and monitor performance and accessibility. The position will be instrumental in the development, identification and implementation of system modifications that will improve productivity within the system(s). Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Explore & utilize innovative technologies to provide new solutions to drive strategic business capabilities
- Consults with functional areas to develop understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by the system. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Responds to questions and influences the users regarding current and potential system inputs, processes, and outputs. Conducts research and analysis into the nature, effect and results of system problems. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, workflow procedures, and data modeling. Negotiates plans, time frames and trade-offs while ensuring client understands the final results of the project.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend process improvements, including automated systems and enhanced models in support of activities in the Regulatory and Quality space .
- Reviews and routes requested system changes and develops detailed specifications for implementation. Communicates system changes and issues to next level of management.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation, coordinates and or performs testing of system modifications, both validated and non-validated systems. Provides systems expertise and supports system training, educational tools and materials. Involved with the Purchasing Systems Manager regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation.
- Produces requirements for reports, timelines, and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer. Creates reports from existing client databases to satisfy user requests, development of ad-hoc database reporting, data sampling, project analysis, or testing verification.
- College degree in Information Systems, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of small to large-scale systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills with the ability to lead.
- Aggressive drive to self-educate and learn
Associated topics: business, business analyst, business finance, business systems analyst, financial analyst, financial reporting analyst, government, investment analyst, refine, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...