Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This position is responsible for enhancing our ability to sell by providing tactical sales training to the sales organization and ensuring consistent and effective clinical and sales messaging. Additionally, this function is responsible for driving sales and selling efforts at key accounts and with key customers, working with them to overcome difficult sales objections and support the use of our products. The position is geographically based, spends significant time in the field and with customers and uses that experience and knowledge to integrate with Marketing and Sales Training to produce, influence and execute \"on the ground\" sales education and tools.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
* Develop and manage Structural Heart apprentice program including training, effectiveness, key metrics and implementation
* Develop training curriculum and implement training to market development specialists to effectively increase awareness for TMVr and PFO therapies
* Actively support all forms of sales training meetings, including STAR (Strategy and Tactics for Achieving Results), Regional Meetings and National Sales Meetings creating and delivering content.
* Use field experiences and knowledge to participate in development of overall sales strategies.
* Create internal and external selling tools.
* Create processes and forums for sharing best practices and key selling techniques in the field.
* Act as a liaison from the field to support and influence Marketing programs and Sales Training programs.
* Work with individuals to improve skills in specifically targeted areas and develops ways to monitor and measure.
* Provide sales technique training on marketing programs and messaging.
This position is accountable for improving the selling skills and performance of the sales organization. They act as an expert resource for the sales team to rely on to provide direction and training in clinical and tactical selling. They must use their in-depth knowledge and experience to produce and deliver outstanding \"on the ground\" sales guidance and training
that is a competitive advantage for our company.
Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
Experience in 2 of the following 3 areas: sales, marketing, sales training (or at least has demonstrated these capabilities in prior experiences), 10 years of relevant work experience, including 3 years of direct industry experience. Direct experience working with physician customers. A clinical background and/or strong clinical knowledge and aptitude. Strong communication skills, specifically an ability to deliver effective training to large and small audiences, ability to work with several levels within the organization and ability and experience working with physician customers. Solid understanding and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Working knowledge in MS Office applications.
Sales Support & Administration
SH Structural Heart
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English:
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, leader, management, manager of sales, principal, sales leader, sales manager, team leader