1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We're a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world's water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Treatment Field Service Technician to be responsible for leading, coordinating and completing startup, service, and contract activities for Xylem products. The Technician will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an exceptional brand relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted adviser and resource during all on-site and remote support activities. The Field Service Technician must be passionate about providing legendary customer service and compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
* Service skills and repair situation management * Responsible to complete all tasks from installation, startup, functional & performance testing, training, project closeout, warranty transition, service, and aftermarket contracts. Capability of handling PLC software modification a plus * Responsible to identify service requirements and manage site resources to complete the activities on time. On site management of other suppliers or Xylem resources as needed. * Conducts TotalCare equipment condition audits to establish service opportunities and potential actions to lessen Customer equipment downtime * Works with Customer's representatives to understand equipment issues, troubleshoot and diagnose root-cause problems, and arranges necessary parts and service to resolve issues. Timeliness, commitment to customer, and a driving sense of urgency is a requirement * Collaborate and manage customer communications (requests, complaints, observations, etc.) with the appropriate Xylem internal teams to bring timely resolution to Customer issues. * Review specifications, design and scope of supply of the assigned projects in order to have a clear and detailed understanding of the requirements to help streamline onsite service completion. * Customer Management and Communication Skills * Actively explore and identify unmet customer needs and provide opportunity for innovative solutions. Identification and follow through for potential parts and service opportunities with customers * Is able to work with different levels of the customer organization, to understand what information needs are required by each level, and deliver same in a timely and complete manner * Works with Customers to identify and propose PMA contracts. * Identification of opportunities to expand Xylem's footprint in customer's facilities across sister brands and competitor installations. Communicate this with both the Customer and other Xylem groups * Responsible to prepare, organize & perform on site training related to the equipment operation, safety, and preventative maintenance. * Reporting and documentation * Responsible for timely completion and submittal of all activity reports (weekly) and other associated documentation. * Responsible to identify modifications to existing product/project documentation and communicate to Customer and Xylem project team for review & approval. * Reviews budgeted hours and confirm service labor forecast based on service activity specifics/requirements. Monitor and manage site hours to remain within budget * Responsible to ensure all equipment on site work per safety and quality requirements and per company and project specifications. * Follow and comply with all Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) policies.
* 3 to 5 years' experience with Ultraviolet Disinfection (UV) and Ozone oxidation process equipment in the municipal or industrial, water or wastewater fields is a plus. * Ability to read and understand Process and Instrumentation Drawings (P & ID diagrams), Examples: hydraulic profile diagrams, gas and liquid piping or open channel, gas diffusion in liquid (porous diffusers, side stream gas injector), mechanical level control (weir), pump, valves, support and skids, etc * Training and repair service experience in instrumentation (flow meters, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, Dew-point analyzer, etc.). * Experience with electrical equipment for low & medium voltage power distribution panel, conduit and cable trays, grounding and three phase network configuration, harmonics and distortion, IEEE & NEC * Experience in controls & networks for PLC and HMI for online debugging, network troubleshooting, SCADA interface, I/O hardware and software configuration and testing, cross referencing search and code debugging. * General knowledge on UL and CSA. * Is able to conduct training sessions and presentations in front of groups of Customer operators, technicians, and maintenance staff. * Requires excellent communication skills, verbal and written. * >75% travel required within the US and Canada. Must be able to acquire and maintain a US or Canadian driver's license and passport. * Strong internal & external customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships. * Green Belt Certification Preferred (or willingness to acquire)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. * Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment. * Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 35 pounds. * Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise * Shop/Field: May work around pipes, vales, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants. * Travel: Frequent travel (>75%) is required to fulfill the duties listed above
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.