- WuXi AppTec
1103 Market St
Performs assays according to testing records and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Completes test methods and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs. Serve as the departmental trainer, as needed.
* Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records
* Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
* Accurately complete testing records and other required documentation according to WuXi's Good Documentation Practices
* Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
* Reports observations of ongoing tests to Study Director or Laboratory Manager.
* Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues daily lab activities.
* Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
* Maintaining equipment's cleaning logs.
* Maintain equipment logs and initiate Change Controls.
* Collaborate with other departments on projects
* Act as a mentor to other technicians
* Perform classroom trainings
* Serve as an assay trainer or departmental training coordinator.
* Work with supervisors to schedule daily activities
* Author Test Methods, Client Protocols, SOPs, etc. as needed.
* Perform data analysis
* Act as a liaison for the department in meetings
* Maintain, passaging and seeding cells
* Train on departmental assays such as in vitro, detection, retroviral, RCA, and RCL assays
* Execute more complicated assays such as titrations, RCL, PCR, ELISAs, rcAAV
* Initiate and write nonconformance and laboratory investigations
* Perform assays in a BSL2+ environment
* Participate in R&D projects and assay validations
* Provides operational support for Virology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
* Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
* Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
* Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
* Maybe required to work Overtime
* Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
* Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Other duties as assigned
* 4 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent
* Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or other Science related field or equivalent experience
* Previous Laboratory experience with emphasis on cell biology and/or virology.
* PCR and ELISA experience is preferred
* Ability to lead projects and adhere to timelimes
* Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
* Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
* Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
* Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
* Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely
* Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
* Clarity of Vision
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...